Forums Latest Members
  1. ghce Nov 22, 2020

This just arrived from Russia on Friday.
    I have a few vintage Vostoks and they are lovely but after looking online for new models I decided I must have a few new ones as well.
    This one is the GMT Neptune featuring a 32 jewel automatic movement and it hasn't been off my wrist since it arrived, I love it.
    The good thing with buying the current model is that all the options and spare parts are available from the factory and their resellers and at bargain prices direct from Russia.
    I have on order a Silicone strap, solid stainless steel bracelet, see thru back and spare lens.

You don't find many GMT watches with the sort of pedigree Vostok has at these prices!

WP_20201123_12_57_47_Rich.jpg

2. TDBK Nov 22, 2020

This is an interesting watch, particularly at the price. Can you tell us more about it? What kind of movement does it have? How did you buy it? Thanks.

Fritz likes this.
  3. ghce Nov 22, 2020

The movement is a Vostok 2426.02 and there is quite a bit of info about on the net as you would expect with a current model as opposed to the vintage watches that many of us collect (all pre internet days) Here is a good You Tube video that goes into a bit of the aesthetic of it and of course has a lot of up close images and info

I have used 3 different online retailers all based in Chistopol city where Vostok is based and bought a selection of current watches and parts, I must say that the service and communication that these retailers have provided is outstanding and not at all what I expected.

Edited Nov 23, 2020
    TDBK likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 22, 2020

What are these going for now?

5. ghce Nov 22, 2020

I paid US$112.00 for my one. The 3 retailers I have been using they seem to all be very close to that ( give or take a dollar or 2).

The only complaint I have is that the standard model Neptunes come with a folded link stainless steel bracelet so that if you want this particular variant you need to buy a separate Vostok strap if you want solid links though Vostok also produces a range of SE ( special edition) watches which come with the solid link strap and some other minor variations but of course the cost is somewhat more but not excessive.

I don't want to step on forum rules but the 3 retailers I have been using are Meranom, Chistopol City and Soviet Market though there probably are many more.

Here is a link to the SE Neptunes available https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-se/960se/, I am sorely tempted to purchase one of the more traditional Divers and might do so after Christmas, it was just unfortunate that the one I especially wanted and got ( shown above) was not one of the SE variants so had to settle for the purchase of the solid link strap separately.

Edited Nov 23, 2020
    Walrus and Foo2rama like this.
  6. alefar Nov 23, 2020

Nice Vostok you got there! Definetely a bargain at that price!