Forums Latest Members
  1. alam Apr 24, 2014

I have some work-related travel that will take me to Switzerland the second week in May. Our travel plans will allow a Friday night stay very close to Biel/Bienne - actually, we'll be staying about a 45-minute ride to the Omega museum. Any other suggestions what to see/do in the area from anyone around here who have visited the museum?

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 24, 2014

I've never been but intending to do a trip to there later in the year, from the pics it looks like something I could spend hours doing.

3. alam Feb 2, 2015

Got one item in the bucket list out of the way, visited the Omega museum last May and it was a fantastic experience!
    :thumbsup: In a couple of months, phase two of the original work project takes me back no too far from the Omega neighborhood, this time will hit another watch museum :)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    noelekal likes this.
  4. rhetoric Feb 2, 2015

Having bought myself an IWC in 2014, a visit to Schaffhausen is on my list too. However the swiss franc revaluation (or whatever it's called) may make it a very short trip!

noelekal likes this.
  5. flw history nerd Feb 3, 2015

Uber-cool. I'm not heading to Switzerland anytime soon - I went only once so far, with my dad on one of his business trips when I was 10 - but my copy of the Journey Through Time book should arrive today, courtesy of Darren. (Should have gotten it yesterday, except for the snow.) A nice consolation prize.

I'd love to go sometime, as well as to the Mercedes-Benz museum in Stuttgart. Apparently Rolex has no public museum ... typical of their secretive nature. Kind of like the Kremlin during the Cold War, in a way.

6. alam Mar 13, 2015

Well, just learned that the IWC museum will be closed on the only weekend we are free to goof off :( so we are heading to the PP museum! :)Any suggestions of what else to see/do while in the area?

Screen Shot 2015-03-13 at 4.21.37 PM.png
  7. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 13, 2015

My goal one day is to build a museum that rivals their own :p

8. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 15, 2015

Bet we could do it as a group effort with what is on this forum:D