Forums Latest Members

Visit to the Kansas Cosmosphere - One off the bucket list - Moon and Speedie Content

1. redpcar Jul 7, 2017

Made a trip to the Kansas Cosmosphere the other day. Check out their site and browse the galleries. Coolest place you will ever find in the backwoods.
    http://cosmo.org/exhibitions/hall-of-space
    V1 and V2 rockets. Blackbird on display front and center. Moon rocks. Moon watches (US and Soviet). Apollo 13 capsule! Too many to list.
    Here are a few pics: Cosmo_Blackbird.jpg
    You can reach out and touch the Blackbird SR-71. The lock on the cockpit appears to be "jimmied" so I didn't attempt to open ;)
    Cosmo_Alan.jpg
    Cosmo_Alan2.jpg
    Cosmo_Movement.jpg
    Cosmo_Omega_Display.jpg
    Alan Shepard's moon watch on display. Sorry I couldn't get a better pic. Very thick and highly reflective glass.

Cosmo_Rock.jpg
    Moon rock on display that was not advertised. A nice surprise.

Cosmo_Poljot.jpg
    A watch "like" Yuri Gagarin's.

Overall it was much more than I expected. Unfiltered history of space travel from early German to the space race to Skylab to today's private efforts. If you are near Hutchinson, Kansas, I would recommend a trip through the museum.

GregH, noelekal and TLIGuy like this.
  2. BillLundberg Jul 7, 2017

I have to pay the museum a visit! I have been before and was mesmerized by the history and displays, but having that Omega speedmaster on display, deserves a second visit.

Thanks for sharing!

3. b-16707 Jul 7, 2017

very few if any museum will have a big ole ad for a company like that no? I want that big display watch on my wall!

4. any4xx Jul 7, 2017

Been there several times. Always worth a stop.