Forums Latest Members

Virtual Reality (Oculus) for Space Fans Recommendations? Wow!?

1. cvalue13 Dec 30, 2020

I’m currently VERY motion sick after having just spent 30 minutes on the International Space Station, attempting (and failing) to dock the Canadarm to a supply delivery module.

I may be late to the VR party among space fans, but if there are any space fans among us that have not yet purchased a virtual reality system, I recommend it.

As of 2020, this is as close as I might ever get to experiencing space. (Including the motion sickness reminder that I was not cut out to be an astronaut!)

There may be other, better, systems out there - but for Christmas my wife bought me the Oculus Quest 2, and it’s been far enough blown my mind.

These VR systems have surprisingly more uses than video games - including concerts, simulators, VR documentaries, etc., though admittedly I’m a novice and only getting my feet wet.

I’ve watched a few short documentaries filmed in space, as well as spent time floating/floundering all around ISS (getting very motion sick).

Anyone else more savvy with VR, and recommend other space or OF-relevant content?