Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Zodiac Sea Wolf w/multiple straps

1. rkman11 Sep 4, 2019

Well... the time has come. As many on this forum know, I searched for a loooong time to find this Zodiac Sea Wolf. TWO YEARS!!! My rules were strict: white dial, early "Swiss" only dial, no date, all original, with age that presents well but also tells the proper tale of the first dive watch. I finally found this beauty in the hands of the second owner (or so I was told) as part of his large collection.

But now I've made another strict rule, for myself: one watch in, one watch out. I have failed MISERABLY at this rule. Since enacting this rule, watch number three is on its way and ZERO have gone out. I have attempted to write this post a few times, but just couldn't quit this watch. I believe it's the best white dialed Zodiac Seawolf out there (for a few reasons I'll mention below.)

Anyways, enough of my crying, on to pics and details!

She comes with two straps. First is a black Eulit perlon that looks dynamite and is extremely comfortable (always worn with a plastic watch case protector on the back, which will be included.)

IMG_1169.jpg

The second strap is a funky two piece nato that makes the watch's colors pop! (wrist shots down below showcasing both straps)

IMG_1170.jpg

The dial: It was really tough to find all that I was looking for. This one has it all and then some. The white dial has aged to subtle perfection, both very clean for its age but also has a sweet cream/light beige color in certain lighting. The historic plots have aged in a very cool way, and the hands - OH THOSE HANDS! So often found with broken lume, but these are perfect. And that rarer early Swiss only dial. She has it all! Some macro shots:

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

The bezel: Has aged to an awesome ghost like appearance. Still legible enough to use, but blends in in a really unique way. One of my favorite features of how this watch has aged. So many of these bezels fall apart, exposing the brass underneath. This has held up really well, with appropriate but pleasing age. It also rotates perfectly, both directions, with ease but enough tension to stay in place.

IMG_1161.JPG

The crown: So many of these have been replaced. This one's all original and in great shape!

IMG_1160.JPG

The case: Age appropriate wear that shows it lived a life but also was taken care of.

IMG_1163.jpg

And my other favorite feature of this watch, and why it's so unique, is the case back. The very first examples of the Sea Wolf were rated to 10 ATM and had that written on the case back on the center flat portion, but then when they moved to a rating of 20 ATM those watches had the writing on the curved outer ring. This watch is 20 ATM, but it's written on the flat center portion. It's a small nerdy detail, but from what I've researched this was a transition case back and I've only seen a few other examples.

IMG_1162.JPG

This came with what I believe are the original spring bars. I swamped them out because as you'll see they are bent, but they will be included because I think they're a cool part of this watch's story.

IMG_1172.JPG

A few wrist shots on the two straps to see how this beaut shines out in the wild! (And without magnifying everything in macro - she displays INCREDIBLY!)

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0084.jpg

Movement: The watch is running very well. The previous owner thought it had been serviced, but provided no proof, so I will consider it in need of a service if it will be worn often. That being said, she winds and sets great, and on my wrist has been consistently within about 20 second a day.

Price: $750 for the watch and both straps, through PayPal Goods and Services (I will eat the fees) and I will cover fully insured shipping anywhere in the US as well.

Returns: Only if grossly misrepresented.

A long post, but as you can tell I'm passionate about this watch so I felt she deserved the attention to detail and I hope to find her a great home!

Thanks to the members, and thanks to OF for the space!

Edited Sep 4, 2019
    llvhhui, JohnRaz, Flatfoot and 16 others like this.
  2. BenBagbag Sep 5, 2019

Soooo tempting...

89-0, efauser and rkman11 like this.
  3. rkman11 Sep 5, 2019

Really appreciate the love for this beauty!

4. wagudc Sep 5, 2019

Love the watch and your taste in straps. That NATO with this watch is perfect Tempting is right.

alam, DaveK and rkman11 like this.
  5. rkman11 Sep 5, 2019

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Watch is now OHPF.

Just Livin, BenBagbag and wagudc like this.
  6. divetime Sep 6, 2019

"strict rule, for myself: one watch in, one watch out. I have failed MISERABLY at this rule":p:cool:

Walrus, DaveK and rkman11 like this.
  7. rkman11 Sep 6, 2019

And sold. Going to a great home with an awesome OF member! Makes it a tiny tiny bit easier to part with this beauty knowing that...!

Thanks to this awesome forum!

JohnRaz, Sidnos and alam like this.
  8. rkman11 Aug 29, 2021

Gather round, I’m gonna tell you a story of watch obsession…

So, I searched for a long time to find the perfect Seawolf, found this, and loved her dearly! Then as the story goes, something else caught my eye and I put this up for sale. Went to an awesome member two years ago, and I regretted that decision ever since. Then about a year ago, we were in touch and I bought it back. Now, something else is caught my eye and I’m putting it back up for sale again. Because I’m in sane!

But hoping to find her her forever home, because this is truly the best white dialed zodiac seawolf I’ve ever come across. Check out the original listing above, going through all of the awesome details including the rare transition case back. Updating below with a few wrist shots and movement pics.

(And mods, if this isn’t cool please let me know happy to do a new listing.)

I’d like to offer it for the same price I did two years ago, $750, with Shipping CONUS on me. Including both straps and the original spring bars that tell an awesome tale.

Payment via Venmo or PayPal friends and family.

No returns unless misrepresented.

Lots of references, happy to share.

Thanks for looking!

826631D9-0952-4CD3-8AE1-AF7C9EA575DA.jpeg 9F4C2355-88EE-4306-8952-6BBF131AB5E3.jpeg 65251EF5-0F13-4678-89CB-B2205B82B675.jpeg 01BB6659-5E5D-4E81-B24F-9818C6E99F9A.jpeg 65251EF5-0F13-4678-89CB-B2205B82B675.jpeg F24DBCA9-E7C0-4CAC-AA4D-6E9832012858.jpeg

B8E2B8AF-DCEA-402D-8FF6-4A6886F79487.jpeg
    BenBagbag, Flatfoot, jB1128 and 3 others like this.
  9. rkman11 Aug 30, 2021

And once again sold! Staying in the OF family!

Robert M, Flatfoot and jB1128 like this.