Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Zenith El Primero reference A781, caliber 3019

1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 3, 2016

image.jpg

Zenith reference A781 in stainless steel circa 1971
    One of the classic early El Primero references, quite scarce, with only 1000 or so examples produced
    Caliber 3019, automatic, quickset, distinctive Zenith date at 4:30

This is a very attractive and wearable example, but is not in untouched collector condition. It does represent a great opportunity to own a classic early Zenith El Primero watch that is absolutely ready to wear and enjoy with no worries.

A full tear-down movement service was done by ABC Watchworks. The watch remains under warranty (transferable to the new owner) through February 15, 2018.

Dial & Hands: The dial was not touched and has the original finish - excellent condition with some light spotting patina. IMO this one is better than average. The chrono hand is correct but was flaking badly, and has been refinished with a custom-matched original blue. Chrono and minute/hour hands have been relumed. All the text & markings on the dial are in clear and unfaded condition.

Case & crown. Refinished grain-brushed/polished stainless steel case, correct [edit 6/6/16 - OEM service crown photo added]] crown & pushers. Caseback serial number (018E016) is easily readable and is in the correct range for this early El Primero reference.

Movement: Zenith El Primero caliber 3019, fully overhauled, with all functions working and keeping good time. The movement & inside caseback photos were taken pre-purchase, and I do not have more. Any parts replaced are noted on the service invoice.

Bracelet/strap: A new & unworn handmade Horween strap and a lightly-worn Hadley-Roma stainless steel bracelet are included.

Please review the pictures carefully as they are an important and integral part of the description. All but the wrist, movement, and inside caseback photos were taken today in natural light and are unretouched.

Priced at US$3275 - Would like to move it, please feel free to make me an offer. I like to move watches quickly & always prefer to complete a frictionless transaction with a known member here on OF. Price includes PayPal fees and priority shipping within the US, three percent (3%) discount for bank wire.

Shipping: The watch will ship promptly via USPS priority mail, tracked and insured, with signature required for final delivery. Non-US buyers please contact me to discuss shipping arrangements and cost, all payments must be made in US$.

Glad to answer any questions you may have.

Sold as is with no returns. Service warranty in place as noted above.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpeg

Edited Jun 6, 2016
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 5, 2016

On auction as well, and will be sold by Thursday one way or the other. Like some of my past vintage cars, I'll be happy to get what I spent on the service & restoration, never mind the original cost of the watch. :rolleyes:

You can snag it here or take your chances on the 'bay. :eek:

I know which I'd choose. :whistling:

LawBrk likes this.
  3. LawBrk Jun 5, 2016

Someone buy this beaut, it's making my trigger finger begin to itch. GLWS :thumbsup:

4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 6, 2016

Up. Getting close.

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 6, 2016

Someone just asked about crown, and I realize now that it is Zenith OEM, but a later one not correct for this reference.

Probably a service replacement. My apologies for the error! Also added a photo to the original post.

Price drop to $3k, offers welcome.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Edited Jun 6, 2016
  6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 8, 2016

Now sold, many thanks to the buyer & to OF for providing this great marketplace.:thumbsup:

tcsasser likes this.