Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Zenith Defy Surf, Reference 01.1370.380, Caliber 2572PC, Amazing Condition!

1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 6, 2016

image.jpeg

Zenith Defy Surf in stainless steel with screw-down crown
    Reference 01.1370.380, produced mid-late 1970s
    Caliber 2572PC, automatic, quickset, distinctive Zenith date at 4:30

This example is in exceptional condition. Clearly barely worn, it still has the factory-applied protective coating on the back and sides of watch. The pictured contemporary vintage Zenith display box, in mint condition, will be included with the watch at no cost.

Dial & Hands: The original finish vignette dial is in amazing condition. Stainless steel hour, minute, and center sweep seconds hands - all mint. Stainless steel dial furniture. The text & markings are in clear and unfaded condition.

Case & crown. Grain-brushed/polished stainless steel case, with protective coating still in place on sides and caseback. A much less commonly seen Zenith diver reference with distinctive angular shaped case, clearly displaying its Defy DNA.

Movement: Caliber 2572PC automatic movement with quick-set date. Running as it should, with all functions working and keeping good time. I will not open it for a movement photo. An exemplar movement can be found here: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Zenith_2572PC

Bracelet: Correct signed Zenith stainless steel bracelet with expansion spring fold-over clasp for a comfortable close fit, all links in place - just as it came from the factory.

Please review the pictures carefully as they are an important an integral part of the description. All but the wrist photo were taken today in natural light. Sorry - there will be no movement photo, I won't be opening this one. More photos here: http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/Darlinboy/library/Zenith Defy Surf 01 1370 380 caliber 2572PC?sort=3&page=1

Now offered at US$1250 - Please feel free to make me an offer. I like to move watches quickly & always prefer to complete a frictionless transaction with a known member here on OF. Price includes PayPal fees and priority shipping within the US, three percent (3%) discount for bank wire.

Shipping: The watch will ship promptly via USPS priority mail, tracked and insured, with signature required for final delivery. Non-US buyers please contact me to discuss shipping arrangements and cost, all payments must be made in US$.

Sold as is with no warranty and no returns.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Edited May 8, 2016
    billyblue, ahartfie, tinger and 5 others like this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 7, 2016

I must be off on this one... let's try $1350, offers welcome.

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 8, 2016

Now US$1250.

4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 15, 2016

Well, I auctioned this piece on ebay, and the top bidder flaked with a cancel request not 10 minutes after the auction ended. Top underbidder's best bid was $800.

Would prefer a clean transaction here before I hassle further with eBay, so please make me an offer with that in mind.

Of course you are welcome to offer more.

Price includes PP fees & priority shipping in US, int'l contact me for pricing.

ahartfie likes this.
  5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 15, 2016

Watch is now sold.

Thanks to the buyer and to OF for this marketplace. :thumbsup:

JohnSteed and oddboy like this.
  6. Charlie3755 May 15, 2016

Congrats to both [emoji108][emoji106]. I was just submitting my offer.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk