Forums Latest Members

OHPF Vintage Wittnauer Chronograph - Serviced

1. Kmart Oct 20, 2017

Up for sale is a vintage Wittnauer Chronograph, reference 3256. This watch was recently acquired so this is a bit of a catch and release for me. The truth is that I've been leaning more towards modern watches lately and it's slightly on the small side for my tastes. However I do believe it is an exceptional vintage chrono so I wanted to offer it here.

Case: Stainless steel case, 35mm in diameter and completely unpolished with all original lug facets visible as shown in the photos. There are some minor scratches and dings present from use. Crown and pushers are original. Crystal has been replaced at service (original crystal will be included with the watch).

Dial / Hands: Dial is in good condition and has turned an off-white color with some specks visible if you look close. Red telemeter scale and blue tachymeter scale around the outside of the dial are fully legible and intact. Hour/minute hands are in original condition with all lume present. Second hand and chronograph hands are blued steel and catch the light nicely.

Movement: Beating inside is the manually wound Venus 188 movement which has been serviced very recently by Kelly Hunter at Art of the Watch in Portland, OR, so the watch is fully ready to wear and will still be under service warranty. The mainspring and one pusher spring (and the caseback gasket) were replaced at service. Service papers will be included.

For this watch I am asking $1450 USD shipped via USPS priority mail to the CONUS. Payment via PayPal F&F; add 3% if using goods and services option. Returns only if watch is grossly misrepresented. Please note that pictures are part of the description.

Along with the watch, I will include the service papers, parts replaced at service, the Fluco shell cordovan rally strap pictured, and the original crocodile/alligator stamped Wittnauer strap.

Since the watch was purchased so recently I have also included a few of the original seller's photos for reference. Let me know if there is any part of the watch you would like to see that is not pictured!

1 - 0Nq71vH.jpg 2 - uMqAV5l.jpg 3 - J3wBjmn.jpg 4 - K4z35Dc.jpg 5 - VL4xAMJ.jpg 6 - mwEzN8R.jpg 7 - vifezHI.jpg 8 - gRej10T.jpg 9 - AdwBrd6.jpg 10 - CuyqVgg.jpg 0gqh5Jq - Imgur.jpg PcCfpS9.jpg OehwkwJ.jpg 8utXzE9 - Imgur.jpg

jaspers, Tet, quito and 8 others like this.
  2. emilio Oct 22, 2017

Beautiful watch!