Forums Latest Members

Vintage watch shop recommendations in Melbourne or Sydney

1. E-diddy Apr 22, 2016

Hi Everyone,
    Next week I'm visiting AU for the first time. Would love to check out some watches if possible. Any recommendations? Restaurant recs welcome as well.

2. Morrisdog Apr 30, 2016

Hi E-Diddy.. Welcome to Oz!!

There are a few second hand watch dealers in melbourne city. Watchtime in the block arcade is quite nice to visit partly because of its location. The is also the watch gallery (337 little Collins street) and the European watch gallery (83 Collins street). These are the only three I have visited but there are a few more. I have bought from The watch gallery. All three I mentioned are quite genuine and have been in business for quite some time. They are bricks and mortar businesses so expect to pay a bit more than an eBay or forum purchase online but then there is going to be more security in your purchase. In Sydney there is a nice dealer in the Strand Arcade. I am from Melbourne so I don't have much more info on what's available there.

In terms of food.. Where to start!!! Heaps of good options on that front. The Age Good Food guide is something we locals.. Sydney has its equivalent . Atica in melbourne has been a long time favourite of mine for fine dinning. Aussies are a little food obsessed so there are so many options.. What type of food are you into??

3. photo500 May 1, 2016

Have a great trip [emoji2] I would agree with all of the above with one exception that the shop in the block arcade is run by a clown, not a funny one either. Rude, not knowledgeable and unhelpful to say the least.

Plenty of other places to go and things to see though as Morrisdog says [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 1, 2016

It's a pretty big place. Where abouts you actually visiting.....

If your in Darwin I got nothing for you in the way of watches unless your after a G-Shock - but the food will be amazing, fresh and unlike down south more of a south East Asian twist. ( the fresh seafoods will blow you away )