Forums Latest Members

Vintage watch repair/service NYC

1. nori May 10, 2017

Anyone have any recommendations for vintage dive and or military watch repair in NYC?

I've read good things about Central Time in GCT but I also hear they can be pricey...

watch3s likes this.
  2. watch3s May 12, 2017

have you checked out Walter's?

3. nori May 20, 2017

Thanks! I'll check them out.

Just to mention I got a recommendation from another forum: Tiny Geneva on 47th Street

Drawarms likes this.
  4. watch3s May 21, 2017

as someone who occasionally has business in that area, and have been warned before by those in the industries there. Id consider treading carefully. it doesnt have the best of reputations. but do report back with your findings

5. nori May 21, 2017

thanks for the heads up. i will steer clear!!

6. blubarb May 21, 2017

Would you be adverse to sending the work to Ohio - I know you said NYC but Andy at Ultra-Vintage does superior repair work on vintage divers and many difficult mil pieces and generally has the parts to back him up in stock. He's done all my divers from the 50s and 60s for the last 5 years and I send from Australia - he's that good, but he is popular with the vintage folk and turn around time is long because he is so good. Just a thought.

7. nori May 22, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm looking for someone local for cheaper stuff and the kind of place where I can pop in and have a quick once over to know whether it's even worth working on given piece.