Vintage watch id

Here is a better pic of the watch I’m looking for help identifying. I know it’s gold and maybe from the 50’s or 60’s. It is a wind up watch with an speidel band. Any help would be appreciated. 74303174829__6692D5D6-7FCD-443A-BF5D-5685A7128A1A.jpeg

At best a redial

What does that mean? I’m not a big watch guy.

At some point in it's life the dial has been refinished, it may or may not have originally looked like it does now. This severely hurts it's value.

How are you sure it's gold other than it looking gold?

At some point in it's life the dial has been refinished, it may or may not have originally looked like it does now. This severely hurts it's value.

How are you sure it's gold other than it looking gold?
Not 100% sure.

Not 100% sure.
A “jeweler” told my father a few years ago it was worth a fortune. I don’t think it is and I want him to know what he really has

A “jeweler” told my father a few years ago it was worth a fortune. I don’t think it is and I want him to know what he really has

Unfortunately at best if it's actually solid gold it's worth melt value plus $50 or so for the movement.

Gold content if not marked on the case back would be marked inside the case.

Yuck !!
Steve3322 said:
A “jeweler” told my father a few years ago it was worth a fortune.
He lied.

It looks like there may have been a poor quality solder repair to the case/bezel near the crown. This will further detract from the watch making it worth the gold value or possibly slightly above