Forums Latest Members
  1. Scot2017 Mar 13, 2017

View attachment 358673 Greetings,

I recently inherited this old Omega watch. I believe it was purchased in 1978. The watch is gold in color and has a stainless steel back. The "crystal" seems to be plastic and may be a replacement. The band is not original. I was hoping someone could identify this watch for me, I was considering having it cleaned and replacing the crystal and band. Thanks for any ID and advice!

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 13, 2017

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 13, 2017

Have you done any research yourself, like googling MEGAQUARTZ?

tyrantlizardrex and epl108 like this.
  4. Scot2017 Mar 13, 2017

I have, I saw similar watches (seamaster) but not an identical match to this one.

5. tyrantlizardrex Mar 13, 2017

Does it work?

Unless it has any huge sentimental value, the cost of a service/crystal/bracelet is going to far outstrip the value of the watch... so bear that in mind.

From your description of gold coloured on top, steel case back, it's a gold plated watch.

From the dial, it's a megaquartz day/date model - the lack of Seamaster/Constellation/Geneve just makes it a generic entry level version that's not in a series beyond "International Collection".

More information than that will require you to follow the instructions that @efauser has helpfully linked to.

Scot2017 likes this.
  6. Scot2017 Mar 13, 2017

Thank you. That's what I was looking for, and I appreciate your response. The watch does have sentimental value, so I may well go ahead with having some work done.

Kind regards

tyrantlizardrex likes this.