Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Universal Geneve Polerouter, Silver Crosshair Dial, SS Case

1. toddle321 Oct 29, 2015

I purchased this watch from an esteemed forum member several months ago, but need to let it go to make room for a recent acquisition.

Up for grabs is a vintage Universal Geneve Polerouter. The watch is a nice example of a classic Gerald Genta-designed watch and the watch is ready for you to wear with no worries. The dial is one of the best you will find, and what really attracted me to the watch. The movement was fully serviced by the prior owner in February of 2015.

The Polerouter crosshair dial in silver has its original finish. Applied UG logo, and signed as it should be with stainless steel markers and hands. All hand and dial lume is intact but no longer glows. The dial is in truly exceptional condition as shown in the photos.

The stainless steel twisted-lug case is in average condition and has been previously polished. Case back is scratched as you can see in the picture, it has the UG seal, and signed Swiss, Acier Inoxydable. Correct signed UG crown. Watch will come with the strap shown in the picture. Size is approximately 45mm lug-to-lug, 38.5mm with crown, and 35.5mm without. Crystal was replaced at service.

The watch has Universal Geneve's caliber 218-9, a 28-jewel micro-rotor automatic, in excellent condition. Winds and sets smoothly and keeps excellent time. Movement photo was taken at the time of the February 2015 full service.

Priced at $875 USD. Payment accepted via PayPal, Chase QuickPay or bank wire. FedEx 2 day shipping included for US buyer. Outside the US, buyer will cover shipping via FedEx or USPS at cost less $20.

No returns are accepted unless the watch is not as described.

I have plenty of references in the Seller Reviews section of OF, and can also provide other references upon request. Thank you to OF for the space!! :thumbsup:

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.jpg
    aap, pcdubc, Tritium and 5 others like this.
  2. toddle321 Oct 29, 2015

Sold, thanks D and OF!

pcdubc likes this.
  3. pcdubc Oct 29, 2015

That was really quick

toddle321 likes this.
  4. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Oct 29, 2015

I missed this one the last time around, and got lucky this time! ::psy::

aap, NT931, x3no and 3 others like this.
  5. pcdubc Oct 29, 2015

big congrats!! ;)

toddle321 and dougiedude like this.
  6. Optimizer13 Oct 29, 2015

Congrats! Very beautiful piece!

dougiedude and toddle321 like this.