Forums Latest Members
  1. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 4, 2015

I've been here on the Forum now for some months but not uncovered a thread that catalogs the original straps that appeared on various Omega models through the years.

Google images of vintage Omega advertising can be found showing watches of the era in which one is interested, can be helpful, and are so fun to peruse. Most original advertising is black-and-white or colorized so it's a bit difficult to tell much about the straps in some instances. One also feels somewhat concerned with the accuracy of some of the internet sites from which the advertising originates. Do they always accurately represent the year the ads were suppose to have appeared?

It would be so nice if the folks here on the Forum who possess Omega watches complete with their original straps, or even remnants of original straps, would feature their watches and straps in a Forum strap reference thread.

Would it be possible for straps to be featured showing pre-war, 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s straps and their various styles which would have appeared on Omega watches when they were sold new?

I've been searching for a modern made strap that best resembles the sort of strap that would have been sold on a 1949 vintage Omega stainless steel watch with 351 movement. Are there any watch strap providers out there who specialize in mimicking vintage strap configurations, leathers, colors, stitching and buckles?

I know I'd have strap questions on several Omega watches from the mid 1940s to about 1960.

italy1861 and rhetoric like this.
  2. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 4, 2015

This is a handy guide that I picked of the net some time ago.
    image.jpg

Beefylugs and noelekal like this.
  3. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 5, 2015

4. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 5, 2015

Barking mad likes this.
  5. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 5, 2015

OOOooo... That's nice! Great strap photo and on a watch with a particularly attractive face.

It' would be great to purchase new straps that were made to look like that one

6. John R Smith Apr 5, 2015

It certainly would be great for all of us who collect early 1950s Omegas, but I have not found anyone who supplies a strap like this - so far.

7. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Apr 5, 2015

Those straps are hell to keep clean!

Tom

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 5, 2015

Not likely that you will. Some of them were made from elephant hide, IIRC. Endangered species and illegal to import or export from most countries.

I've seen a couple of NOS originals pop up on eBay over the years. They have sold anywhere from $200 to $500.
    gatorcpa

9. toddle321 Aug 30, 2015

Digging up an old thread here - I have also been hunting for something similar to the original 50's straps in 18mm. The attached pics have my collection of 4 original omega straps in the middle. The straps on the far right and far left come from this seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18mm-Tan-VI...h-Band-Made-in-Canada-Strap-66-/141751599648?Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18mm-Cognac...T-NOS-Strap-Made-in-CANADA-255-/141751614276?Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Not a perfect match, but as close as I have found and the price is certainly right

image.jpg image.jpg
    noelekal and oddboy like this.
  10. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 30, 2015

noelekal likes this.