Forums Latest Members

Vintage Strap for a Speedy

1. saulgoodman Jan 2, 2018

I've been looking for a good vintage leather strap for my Speedmaster and I came upon the Hirsch Ranger. It looks pretty good for the price. Some straps of this kind can cost quite a bit. Anyway, I did a quick search and found very little information here about the Ranger. One post alluded to the fact it may be stiff and requires some breaking in. Not a deal breaker, but ready to wear is more my taste. Does anyone have experience with the Hirsch Ranger? Also, other suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

brown-ranger-hirsch-watch-bracelet-vintage-style-minimal-stich.jpg

2. Edantony Jan 2, 2018

I would recommend putting the price in when buying a daily wear strap. To be honest, I tried a shitload of different options, but the finishing and overall quality, as well as pure aesthetics of a strap from Atelier du Bracelet Parisien, or Jean Rousseau is well worth the price tag. I bought a green ostrich at JR for my speedy alaska and never looked back

IMG_8505.JPG
  3. saulgoodman Jan 2, 2018

Nice strap, but not what I would select for everyday wear. I already own an alligator strap for my Speedy but I save it for special occasions because my day-to-day routine can do a nice strap in quickly. I prefer a mid to low end leather strap for daily use, and I have resigned myself to the fact that I will go through one or two a year. Also, I am looking for the vintage look offered by the Hirsch Ranger. Aside from seeking comments on the Hirsch, I am just wondering if there is another strap out there that offers good value, comfort, plus the look and quality I seek at the lower price points.

4. Edantony Jan 2, 2018

Well noted, in that case Watch Gecko I would recommend. And how about nato straps? Not dressy enough?

5. saulgoodman Jan 2, 2018

I will take a look. As for Nato's, not my thing. I have one for my dive watch but I rarely remove the diver from the bracelet.