Forums Latest Members

Vintage stopwatch restoration

1. Magalhaes Aug 15, 2013

Hi. I'm new in your forum and hope to find some good advices.
    I have recently acquired a vintage stopwatch called, I think, "Nuit Spatiale". I don't know the OMEGA reference for such a model.
    Unfortunately, the case is not mint and would deserve some attention to restore its original aspect.
    Could you direct me to watchmaker or expert who are able to restore such a case ?
    Looking forward to receiving your comments and advices.

Jean-Pierre Omega Nuit Spatiale_2.jpg

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Aug 15, 2013

Don't do it.

Original = good
    Shiny = quick sale on eBay to someone who just wants to say "I've got a vintage stop watch"

3. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Aug 15, 2013

+1 Looks great as is.

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 15, 2013

It looks like the Olympic MG 6713 "Nuit Speciale" (spatial night) released in 1966, with a cal 1131 movement. The chronometer version had a first class observatory rating certificate.

Personally I wouldn't do anything at all to it, other than making sure the movement was in good running condition. It looks great !

5. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Aug 15, 2013

I would imagine that it would be difficult to find a "mint" stopwatch as these are the the one true tool watch of the past. I'm picturing my asu linebacker coach with that cursed stopwatch hanging from his neck timing us on suited up 20's and 40's. ugh.

6. Magalhaes Aug 16, 2013

Hello everybody.

What a fantastic forum ! Your guys can be proud of it. Thank you for all your advices going into the same direction. I'll keep the chrono like it is and just make sure that the movement is correctly serviced. Cheers. Jean-Pierre