Forums Latest Members

Vintage SPRITZER & FUHRMANN Watch Identification

1. cwfei Oct 18, 2020

Hello Omega forum folks!

I've found an interesting piece that has the vintage doctor watch vibe. As far as I know, SPRITZER & FUHRMANN is a jewelry shop based in Phillipsburg, Sint Maarten. The watch looks like it's a private-label watch, does anyone here have more info about the watch? Could it be possible that the watch is based on another watch model?

Thank you.

spritzer_fuhrmann_1.jpg spritzer_fuhrmann_2.jpg spritzer_fuhrmann_3.jpg spritzer_fuhrmann_4.jpg spritzer_fuhrmann_5.jpg spritzer_fuhrmann_6.jpg spritzer_fuhrmann_7.jpg spritzer_fuhrmann_8.jpg

2. Zapatta Oct 19, 2020

I have seen Angelus watches with their name on the dial but thats all I know. :)

3. cwfei Oct 19, 2020

I've requested the movement pictures from the seller, turned out it's powered by a Certina K.F 251 caliber. Which I guess the model this watch is based on. This watch is retailing for a little less than $100, though.

Mark020 and Zapatta like this.
  4. janice&fred Oct 19, 2020

I have a round shaped Spritzer Fuhrmann that came from the Philippines. I will dig it up and post pictures here. Yes I believe that company was a high-end jeweler in the tropics.

5. Vitezi Oct 19, 2020

6. janice&fred Oct 19, 2020

IMG_2887.jpg IMG_2886.jpg

Here's one from the deep tropics. Not sure what movement is in it but she's a good runner and decent size men's wind up. Looks better in person than in these cruel digital pictures. I'm guessing it's from the 50's.

Vitezi, cwfei, Zapatta and 1 other person like this.
  7. cwfei Oct 19, 2020

Looks great, my take on the actual brand of the watch could be the BAUME & MERCIER because they have similar case design, with Incabloc printed on the dial. But we'd probably know better if we had the pictures of the movement.

I've also just found out that it's actually a thing in the past where high-end retailers with good reputations were often able to use their names on the dial as a way to add some exclusivity.

janice&fred likes this.
  8. Huus May 8, 2022

Here's my 2 S&F watches. Their name is often stamped on the movement also.
    My dad worked for S&F in the sixties in Curacao in the headoffice. There were multiple stores just in Willemstad and also on Aruba, Bonaire, St.Maarten and New York. I was only a kid. Cruise ships came to visit the islands and you'd think they had joined the cruise just to visit the S&F stores with clients lining up to get in the doors. Security would let some out and the next few go in. Got my first Omega in those days, a little 32mm handwound that looked huge on the narrow wrist of a 10 year old.
    Here are my two. 20220508_153221.jpg

lordnantwich and Vitezi like this.
  9. lordnantwich Jul 25, 2022

Thanks for the interesting backstory. Question: the watch on the left in this picture, what size band does it take?

10. Huus Jul 25, 2022

That is 19mm.

11. lordnantwich Jul 25, 2022

Thank you! I have the same watch and am looking for a band. The one you have on yours is quite elegant.

12. Huus Jul 25, 2022

Thank you.
    It's a Hirsch Duke, alligator embossed calf leather from WatchObsession in the UK. They come with a 19 to 16 or 19 to 18 taper, multiple choice of color and buckle, and reasonably priced.