Forums Latest Members
  1. Scepticalist Sep 28, 2017

I'm a huge fan of the 1970-80s period with regards watch design - especially cushion cases - and have put off the acquisition of a Speedmaster MK2 for long enough!

I'm on the hunt for nice M2k from the Tritium era and will post a WTB, but a quick question which I can't find the answer to right now:

Am I right in thinkng that the chrono main and subdial hands always be orange? There are alot of pictures of variations on this so should I assume incorrect items fitted at services?

Any other buying tips also appreciated!

2. vienna Sep 28, 2017

This is my refurbished one with as far as I know has correct hands. Sometimes the orange fades to yellow.

best regards

Max

20170526_004059.jpg
    Maganator and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  3. Scepticalist Sep 28, 2017

A bit more reading was required on my part obviously. Just found an article asserting that chrono main and sub hands should be orange.

Any difference could be indication of a redial from a black dial I suppose

4. vienna Sep 28, 2017

Mine was a black dial originally but I had it changed to a Racing. The dial is from ofrei ans the hands from Omega in Switzerland.

Best regards Max

5. Koen Sep 28, 2017

center seconds hand - orange
    subdial seconds. - white
    subdial chrono minutes - orange
    subdial chrono hours - orange

Scepticalist likes this.
  6. Albe100 Sep 28, 2017

Keep an eye for the case condition, often times the sunburst finish on the top of the case is polished away. I purchased mine from a good seller, I'll send you a PM with the link for your information.