Forums Latest Members
  1. Gapak Jul 20, 2019

Hi guys.
    I'm Alex from Italy. I collect watches since '80s and I love the Speedmaster.

I have this nice old piece with me. I and the speed have the same age and it was a great birthday gift from my 40 years years ago. Therefore I have a strong feeling with this watch.

Can you help me to identify the exact version?

For you I suppose it is a 1969, transitional 861. With tropical dial and bezel.
    Do you think it is correct?
    To me it looks "correct" with the right dial and detail, but on these vintage piece there are some many things to know that I don't feel completely confindent about it.

Other info you can give me, would be very very welcome.

Thank you

Alex

OmegaMoon09_CR.jpg OmegaMoon01_CR.jpg OmegaMoon06_CR.jpg OmegaMoon012_CR.jpg OmegaMoon011_CR.jpg OmegaMoon010_CR.jpg
  2. Esmarch Jul 20, 2019

Chrono hand is not correct, and not very pretty either. What’s the serial? 29m probably, that’s brown dial territory anyway.

DON bezel is correct for a Pre Moon 145.022-96ST, which is the reference here. Seahorse caseback and a painted logo tells us that.

Can’t see the crown properly.

EDIT: What I mean is that, while the drop end chrono hand can be found on some -69’s, this one doesn’t match the other hands and the lume is funky.

Edited Jul 20, 2019
    Gapak and Etp095 like this.
  3. Gapak Jul 20, 2019

[QUOTE = "Esmarch, post: 1287500, membro: 16706"] (...) [/ QUOTE]

Thank you so much...
    yes serial is 29xxx.
    I think to have seen chrono hands similar to this on pre-moon pieces, some year older, but not sure if it is the same or just similar. On the 69 ones it looks more "arrow" shaped (I don't know if it sound well in english).
    Attached you can find some other closed pictures with details.

thank you so much again...

UNex

detailC01.jpg ChronoHand.jpg
  4. Davidt Jul 20, 2019

Looks like a correct -69 probably in the 29xxxxxx range, with a lovely dialbjt incorrect chrono hand.

Is the bracelet 1175?

Gapak likes this.
  5. Gapak Jul 20, 2019

It should be... al least from what I saw around the web. But the vintage bracelet world is a real "mare magnum" (a big sea :D) and I'm not 100% sure...

6. Davidt Jul 20, 2019

There are at least 2 bracelets, if not 3 or 4 that are correct for this ref.

Whats the ref inside the clasp or is it just 'No.12'?

Gapak likes this.
  7. Gapak Jul 20, 2019

On the clasp I can see a small mark and it looks as a J M (if I see correctly)... is it possible?

8. BatDad Jul 20, 2019

Looks like a 1175 from the side on square profile of the links...

Gapak likes this.
  9. ndgal Jul 20, 2019

1970 production 145.022-69 with a DON bezel which is correct for the serial range.
    1175 bracelet with 47 end links. (Sometimes there is a date stamped on the inside/upper part of the clasp).
    Wrong chrono hand.

Done.

Gapak, Seaborg, GandOsDad and 2 others like this.
  10. Gapak Jul 21, 2019

Yes the endlinks are marked 47.
    You are an Enciclopedia

An opinion and advice from all the group: do you think It make sense to try to look for the correct chrono hand? I suppose the hard parte should be ti find one non only correct, but also with a compatible aged patina and colore...

11. Davidt Jul 21, 2019

One option would be to buy a new set of hour/minute/chrono hands and have them 'aged' by a good watchmaker.

You can then decide whether to stick with those or use them as a stop gap while you try and source a period correct set.

Gapak likes this.