Forums Latest Members

Vintage Speedmaster - “I wear it in the pool”...

1. JwRosenthal Sep 22, 2019

Second time you calling someone a sore loser in less than a minute- congrats!
    Stuffler, I’m not sure why you have a chip the size of Montana in your shoulder, but seriously- lighten up.

hanky6 likes this.
  2. tyrantlizardrex Sep 22, 2019

Read every response you’ve given to every person who has responded to you.

You have still failed to provide any evidence that 50m does not mean 50m.

I have lost nothing more than the time I’ve wasted replying to you.

Feel free to dunk your head in 50m of water.

hanky6 likes this.
  3. Dan S Sep 22, 2019

Does anyone else have a troll.xlsx spreadsheet where they track names? I found that it was sometimes hard to remember which people were jackasses, so I started recording them about 6 months ago. It's in the same folder as my dibs.xlsx file.

Eve, padders, JwRosenthal and 2 others like this.
  4. gostang9 Sep 22, 2019

Usually when I’ve thought about recording someone’s name somewhere, they manage to get themselves removed from this forum before too long...

STANDY likes this.
  5. Stufflers Mom Sep 22, 2019

I'm totally lightened up, I'm off on holiday on Tuesday with the lads and can't wait, on the other hand several of you are involved in a witch hunt because you got it wrong, so perhaps it's you and your buddies that need to lighten up.

6. tyrantlizardrex Sep 22, 2019

No we didn’t. 50 meters of water resistance is 50 meters of water resistance. Nothing you have written or referenced says otherwise.

Jog on.

7. JwRosenthal Sep 22, 2019

I’m glad you put me in such esteemed company but I’m just a guy on a forum enjoying the conversation (well- some of the conversation), and trying to lighten the mood a little.
    I’ve said nothing inflammatory to you, but having a little fun when you get dogmatic- and use the word Snorkel. In fact I don’t think I weighed in on the 50m conversation at all- just that the Bulova Devil Diver drinking game can make you drunk way too quickly during this thread.
    I don’t see a witch hunt here, in fact you seem hell-bent on trying to prove right and wrong when there is simply a difference of opion.
    Your use of words like “loser” and “witch hunt” smack of another person who has too much ego and very little substance. Learn to play with others and the world will be a better place.

8. Stufflers Mom Sep 22, 2019

However, for the hard of thinking the ISO recommendation clearly states that any 50M WR rated watch is not suitable for diving of any kind, so you are going to have to use it outwith those recommendations.
    Also, it's likely that 99% of humans will never experience a depth of 50m, but swimming and washing up will be just fine.

9. tyrantlizardrex Sep 22, 2019

It does not state that a watch with a 50m water resistance rating, is not water resistant to 50m.

10. Stufflers Mom Sep 22, 2019

Thanks for that. It's worth noting that I'm not the boogeyman, just a worried fellow member who can see opinions being touted as fact with the possible net effect of a knackered watch and an expensive repair bill.

11. Stufflers Mom Sep 22, 2019

How to you propose to get the watch down to 50M? quantum leap perhaps.

12. Henneth Sep 22, 2019

Are the recommendations publicly available? In the introduction it says:

The manufacturer is responsible for stating whether a specific activity falls within the field of use of a particular watch”

13. tyrantlizardrex Sep 22, 2019

You continue to miss the point. A watch can be water resistant to 50m, without being a diving watch.

M'Bob likes this.
  14. CoDiffe Sep 22, 2019

I would just like to see someone claiming it’s ok to swim with a freshly serviced vintage Speedmaster to go ahead and put their money where their mouth is. Please take pics and post here.

Preferably with a pre-moon 321. I’ll wait. ::popcorn::

15. Stufflers Mom Sep 22, 2019

I of course know that, but you miss the point that when companies claim that their watches are rated to 50m they do so in the knowledge that the watch has been produced in line with the guidelines outlined by ISO 22810 and as we all know now the recommendations within those guidelines say...well we all know what they say.:)

16. tyrantlizardrex Sep 22, 2019

They don't say that a watch which is water resistant to 50m, is not water resistant to 50m. No matter how many times you suggest that they do.

17. Stufflers Mom Sep 22, 2019

And who's willing to pay for it when the sievemaster leaks.

18. Stufflers Mom Sep 22, 2019

Just simply that diving to any depth is not recommended, be it two metres or the fabled 50.

19. saulgoodman Sep 22, 2019

I said a while back that I wasn't going to get into this dog fight, but I think it is time to say this. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, dude, let it go! Its not your watch they are, or are not swimming with. Let's move on.

hanky6 and fbf like this.
  20. tyrantlizardrex Sep 22, 2019

Fabled 50m...

Again, for the hard of thinking: Watches with a water resistance rating of 50m, are water resistant to 50m.

I pray to the watch gods that you get a forum ban - spreading false information is up there with using a paperclip to bodge together a Speedmaster.

@dsio @Trev at what point does this guy get a kick in the pants?

hanky6 likes this.