Forums Latest Members

Vintage solid gold chrono , a wonderfull collection for sale

1. Fost Apr 1, 2015

Hi everybody,

I don't know if it is allowed on the forum and even if, i am not sure the seller will be open to oversea sale but i found this collection so nice that i just want to share with you this pics of half of them...

- Collected all over the world during 40 years, all are in beautiful shape, solid pink or yellow gold, total is 15 chronos...
    - No real famous brands but Titus show up, if your recognize some them :)..
    -Black dial + Gold look so nice...If i had found this collection yesterday, i will have not buy mu UG polerouter deluxe....

Image 31-03-2015 at 22.10 (1).jpg

I am still afraid when a collection like this is sold... and what i ve heard from the seller is that he will sell the rest of is collection after all the chrono will be sold out (20 IWC from 60's and 20 Buloca Acutron gold and SS.)
    NB: I am not affiliated to the seller and will not buy any of those watches (or maybe just one :) ), just for sharing.

2. calalum Apr 1, 2015

Let's see the rest! Pix of the IWCs? Thanks.

3. Fost Apr 1, 2015

I have ... But ... So many only 3 hands, most in gold... You really want to see ? Il have the acutron also ...

4. cristos71 Apr 1, 2015

I love those old Chronographe Suisse watches, they are available with all sorts of great dial varieties and when I first started to wear a vintage watch these were a great affordable way of getting a good sized, very attractive and obviously vintage watch onto my wrist. A lot of Landeron and Venus movements which are quite servicable.

The gold cased ones have a reputation for having very thin gold cases and hollow lugs and are known as ´onion skin cases´. Some have heavier gold cases than others.

For some reason they have not really risen with the rest of the market and so today represent good value as an affordable inroad into vintage if one is not too brand conscious as they can be found starting at a couple hundred euros.

It´s hard to tell from the one picture posted but they look to have interesting dial variations and be in good shape so he shouldn´t have a problem finding new owners for them.

Here´s mine which was my first vintage chrono, my first vintage watch in 18kt rose and also my first watch to be stopped and taxed by our friends at customs and excise :(

159.JPG

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 1, 2015

That's the reason!

6. cristos71 Apr 1, 2015

I realise that has always been a factor, but when compared to the overall rise in vintage prices over the years I still think they have been perhaps unfairly left behind a bit as they are both attractive and very wearable

7. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 1, 2015

They rely on two "metal" rings, on either side of the movement, for their structural integrity, together with a base metal inner case back. Without these, the watch would fall apart on your wrist.

Matty01 likes this.
  8. Fost Apr 1, 2015

the twins Titus black and white dials looks very nice!! You re right about the price , those one are for couples of hundred euros, not so expensive

9. Martinibianco Apr 2, 2015

Nice one cristos! Here's my Chronographe Suisse in 18kt rose gold, similar to yours. Agree they are very attractive and generally runs well - I love 'em!:thumbsup:

image.jpg
    Sergeant Pluck likes this.
  10. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 5, 2015

Are we going to get a link to the auction???

Matty01 likes this.
  11. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Apr 5, 2015

Yes, link please

12. Allant Apr 5, 2015

Yes, please.

13. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 5, 2015

Gentlemen. Just so you know what people are talking about, here are a couple of photos of my Chronographe Suisse. They even have to use female spring bars to prevent the, more usual, male ones from ripping through the case.
    CS Case 1.jpg

And yes, the inner ring in this photo is the base metal ring:
    CS Case 2.jpg

It's the reason I always chuckle when I see an eBay listing calling them solid gold.

Caveat emptor.

LouS likes this.
  14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 5, 2015

That's pretty cheeky really, its almost more like gold-capped+ without the internal base metal.

Stewart H likes this.
  15. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 5, 2015

Well put Ash. I tell you, it's a work of delicate art. Skilled labour must have been cheap in those days.

16. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 5, 2015

are the lugs hollow?

17. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 5, 2015

Indeed they are.

18. Fost Apr 6, 2015

I am sorry for all people who are waiting for the link to the auction but it was not a thread for getting them sold just to share the work and the patience of an old gentelman during 40 years. I am not even sure he speaks english.
    If you want to contact him , just answer hère on the email /letter drawback ' envoyer un e mail'
    http://www.leboncoin.fr/montres_bijoux/786693602.htm?ca=12_s

19. MarcelGuinchard Apr 7, 2015

After hours on this forum, months of research.. I just purchased my first vintage watch.
    ... and it is one of the chronographs of the collection above (the black dial Titus).

Oh, and the same day, I also purchased from another seller a Universal Geneve Compax from circa 1954. Pictured here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/and-what-did-you-buy-today.8930/page-130#post-261211

Omega Forum members, you rock! Couldn't have chosen those watches without the precious advice collected here.

Will post pictures as soon as I receive them!

cristos71 likes this.
  20. Fost Apr 7, 2015

Enjoy Jean! The black dial Titus was my preferred one !! If you have better pics from Harry, please show us this nice one!