vintage (shoulderless) spring bars - see photo

Posts
3,646
Likes
7,756
Hi OF,

I am looking for (very) vintage shoulderless spring bars as shown in the photo below - sizes 17 and 18 mm
material: steel colour (nickel plated brass?), brass or gold

Important: bars must have 1 mm tips

Edited:
 
Posts
3,646
Likes
7,756
Curious why you would want to get old when you can buy new?

https://www.esslinger.com/watch-ban...lder-nickel-plated-spring-bars-package-of-10/

I'd be afraid of breakage.

By the way, they are called "single shoulder".

No, the AD is wrong - is there any shoulder? I can´t see any and I am aware there are spring bars with a shoulder only at one end but they look different.

You ask why I want vintage spring bars and not new ones?
Firstly because they should match my early vintage watches
secondly because they are different in dimensions:



These would be the best match for my watches.
 
Posts
15,951
Likes
47,900
These are also usually made of chrome or nickel plated brass! For me, no thanks. Do not put these spring bars on a watch with blind holes in the lugs! Open holes only.
 
Posts
5,631
Likes
5,814
Firstly because they should match my early vintage watches
secondly because they are different in dimensions:

These would be the best match for my watches.

You can buy new that match your watches. There are a zillion of these things around of various lengths and tip diameters. That you have not yet found them doesn't mean they do not exist. That a pair may be vintage is no guarantee they will be of appropriate size.

I do encourage you to look further and perhaps consult your watchmaker as well.
 
Posts
3,646
Likes
7,756
These are also usually made of chrome or nickel plated brass! For me, no thanks. Do not put these spring bars on a watch with blind holes in the lugs! Open holes only.

Yes, of course I need them for open holes, they don´t make sense otherwise...
 
Posts
3,646
Likes
7,756
I have received links to online offers (ebay, yahoo.jp) but all of those spring bars have 0.8 diameter tips...
I need bars with 1.0 mm tips hence I am asking for vintage specimens. 0.8 tips won´t fill the holes...
 
Posts
7,325
Likes
23,741
Just curious: which watches do these bars you’re looking for go on?
 
Posts
3,646
Likes
7,756
Just curious: which watches do these bars you’re looking for go on?

Many of the 30ies and 40ies watches which have open lug holes, many references with cal 23.4 and 30 (T1, T2, etc)
 
Posts
5,631
Likes
5,814
Many of the 30ies and 40ies watches which have open lug holes, many references with cal 23.4 and 30 (T1, T2, etc)
Here's the part I can't understand. It's not like other bars won't fit those holes....
 
Posts
1,452
Likes
3,023
Here's the part I can't understand. It's not like other bars won't fit those holes....
These ones look nicer from the outside of the lug hole.
 
Posts
5,631
Likes
5,814
These ones look nicer from the outside of the lug hole.
Ah, so you want a bar with a longer tip that may or may not fit flush with the outside of the lug?
 
Posts
3,646
Likes
7,756
Ah, so you want a bar with a longer tip that may or may not fit flush with the outside of the lug?

Obviously now you got it...
Its not without reason that I have posted a photo with detailed length and diameters.
Such bars would fill the hole completely and fit flush with the outside of the lugs.
Edited: