Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Seiko 7005-8002 Blue Dial with Original Bracelet

1. gophishin Sep 9, 2018

For Sale: A truly stunning deep glossy blue dial Vintage Seiko Automatic 7005-8022 on original H-link bracelet that has been unsized (plenty of room for any size wrist). I'm posting a ton of pictures because it's so hard to describe and show just how great this dial is, it changes dramatically and has the deepest most mesmerizing blue that seems to draw everyone in at any watch meetups.

This watch has so many wonderfully quirky vintage characteristics, including the super clean integrated crown, the dial, and the King Seiko-esque case, applied logo and indices, and beveled sword hands. I don't know how else to describe it other than a "poor man's" vintage King Seiko, which is quite a compliment.

The watch keeps great time, runs smooth, all functions including quick set date work as they should. The watch just received new crown and caseback gaskets, as well as a new crystal and inspection to determine service from a top vintage Seiko watchmaker. He determined that it was running appropriately, was clean, properly oiled, and keeping good time, so recommended waiting a few more years. I replaced the crystal and gaskets with intentions to keep it, but I've decided I need to sell a few.

With the new gaskets and crystal, the watch was pressure tested to 3 bars and passed, a major bonus for any vintage watch.

The stats:
    Condition: Good Original Vintage Condition, excellent dial, case may have been polished in the past but angles and edges are still very crisp.
    Reference: 7005-8022
    Movement: Seiko Automatic, hand winding and quickset date (quickset date is set rotating the crown counter clockwise)
    Crystal: new acrylic
    Case: All stainless steel
    Dimensions: 36mm wide including hidden/integrated crown x 41.5mm lug to lug, 18mm lug width
    Caseback: screw-in, steel
    Crown: Very cool vintage integrated/recessed
    Dial: Glossy deep blue
    Strap/bracelet: Original signed Seiko Stelux stainless steel H-Link bracelet will fit an 8.5 - 9" wrist (with clasp adjustments on largest hole).
    WR: pressure tested to 3 bar

This watch is truly stunning, and a lot of fun, especially for the price.
    $200 USD net to me and I will include shipping in the continental US.

I try not to open watches after I get them back from a watchmaker, but can send movement shots upon request to serious buyer.

I have references as a buyer and seller on here, chronotrader, eBay, and WUS.

Seiko 7005 8002 Blue Dial Automatic.jpg Seiko 7005 8022 Blue Dial.jpg Seiko 7005 8022 glossy blue dial.jpg Seiko 7005 8022 Vintage Automatic Blue Dial.jpg Seiko 7005 Automatic.jpg Seiko 7005 bracelet clasp.jpg Seiko 7005 bracelet.jpg Seiko 7005 Caseback.jpg Seiko 7005 Vintage Automatic.jpg Seiko 7005 Vintage Blue Dial.jpg
    Edited Sep 17, 2018
  2. gophishin Sep 12, 2018

bump

3. gophishin Sep 17, 2018

Price Drop to $200 - This is a stunning watch at a very reasonable price!

rupertthebear likes this.
  4. gophishin Sep 20, 2018

Bump