Forums Latest Members
  1. rossirossi46 Jun 29, 2015

hi guys can anyone help or advise please. My dad recently bought a Seamaster Automatic from a secondhand store. I think he paid around £300 for it. I know people are reluctant to put a price on things but if you can give me a rough idea what's it worth and also that it's genuine. It sadly hasn't got a box or papers though.

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. lillatroll Jun 29, 2015

It looks genuine. I think these watches were made in the 80s and it should have a gold filled case. It probably needs a service, even if the shop said it has been serviced that does not mean it has been done or done properly. It is difficult to know if it was a good purchase without seeing the movement. If you can manage that then those members on here who really know their watches will tell you if it looks ok or not. As to the price, well,it wasn t a bargin considering the condition, but at the same time you have not paid over the odds. I think if you had looked around for a bit longer you could have got one in better conditon for roughly the same money. Don t worry about the box or papers, I think they are considered a bonus by most collectors.

3. rossirossi46 Jul 1, 2015

Thanks for the reply mate ! I'll pass the info on to him