Forums Latest Members
  1. Mr1984 Oct 16, 2017

Hello everyone !

I'm new on here and was wondering if I could get a little help with a watch I found on EBay. It's a vintage Seamaster with the most beautiful dial I have ever seen !

The seller isn't posting much info at all, I don't he knows anything about it. Do you guys think that this watch is worth fixing should it need to be overhauled ? Are these movements any good ? I understand that the movement is a double quickest and they are good time keepers.

Anyhow, I hope I can get someone to school me on these. Thank you very much !!!

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Omega-Seamaster-Day-Date-SS-TROPICAL-DIAL-SUPER-RARE-/253210551644Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

IMG_0359.JPG IMG_0392.JPG IMG_0394.JPG
  2. peire06 Oct 16, 2017

The most beautiful dial you have ever seen? Really? I must be missing something.

3. ConElPueblo Oct 16, 2017

Nothing wrong with liking a heavily patinated watch - horses for courses :)

@Mr1984 - with an open auction it is impossible to tell if something is "worth it" at least from a monetary viewpoint. It is not an very uncommon reference and the heavy wear on the dial makes it a love/hate item. My guess is that if you end up buying it at around $250-300 or so, you will need to pour in around $150-200 on a good service (expect to replace some parts...) making it quite expensive for what it is.

If you don't need to justify all your expenses it would probably make you smile a lot more than something that was bought primarily to not lose value. It bet you girlfriend does not buy jewelry as an investment ;)

4. TropicConnie Oct 16, 2017

That patina is a little too flaky looking for my liking; I like patina to be subtle and even, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.