Forums Latest Members
  1. Asaad Oct 3, 2015

Hey everyone,

I'm new to watches. Never owned one more worth more than a dollar and haven't worn one since I was 10 years old. I'm 19 now, just started to work. I wanted to buy something of value, something I would be really happy to wear for the next 20 years. So I went for the Omega Seamaster: http://www.ebay.com/itm/301750819596?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

After bidding for three weeks on separate auctions, this has to be the nicest, cleanest one I found, and I was super glad to win this one after losing out on so many more. My question is basically a) can there be any specifics to be told from this listing's pictures such as what the model number is or anything that can definitively state that it's from a certain year (ex: 1965), all I know that it's circa 1960s and b) how much it is worth and is the price I purchased it for within the price range for this specific watch.

Thanks for the help!

wwhntr likes this.
  2. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Oct 3, 2015

Welcome, looks like you did well for your first Omega! Pictures weren't the clearest but it looks like a good original example. The only way to date it exactly is to get the serial number off of the movement. It has to be opened through the front though so you'll most likely have to take it to a watchmaker. You also did well price-wise. :)

3. speedbird Oct 3, 2015

And the box too. Well-found

4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Oct 3, 2015

Congratulations -nice watch!

really good to see that someone of your age has such good taste

5. Asaad Oct 3, 2015

Thank you all for the kind words! Really makes me that much happier. :)

Jacquot likes this.
  6. hugo Oct 3, 2015

Congrat. It's very nice