Forums Latest Members
  1. gerudo Jun 5, 2016

Hello,

I bought this NOS Seamaster today but i don't know the reference. I don't want to open it because i'm not a pro and because it is still new. I found out that 166.010 are quite similar but they don't have the cyclop and the swiss made logo is different. The 168.024 is really similar but it is COSC and mine isn't. Does somebody know about it ?

IMG_2111.jpg
  2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jun 5, 2016

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 5, 2016

Nice looking example...

Samir likes this.
  4. gerudo Jun 5, 2016

Ok, thank you !

5. ChrisN Jun 5, 2016

Very nice. You choose the cyclops or not when you order the crystal. For these, I have PZ5031 as the part number but, if you add an L to the end, you get the magnifier. They look far nicer without in my opinion. Anyway, if it's been sitting around for fifty years, then I suppose you'll be getting it serviced? If so, your Watchmaker could change the crystal, unless you prefer the magnifier.

The fonts on mine for the Swiss Made are similar but being a bit later it has the T for Tritium (hand and dial lume).
    166.jpg

Enjoy your watch, Chris

Spruce likes this.
  6. gerudo Jun 5, 2016

Ok i'm not sure yet about the magnifier i think i need to wear it a bit to see if i like it. For the service i am tempted to send it in a Omega AD to get official paper after the service knowing that i bought the watch without box and paper, but the price won't be the same...

7. gerudo Jun 6, 2016

I just have another question. I'm trying to remove the strap but i can't get the bars out. I fell that they have a spring but the smaller part that goes in the lug seem to be stuck. Does someone knows how to remove it ?

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 6, 2016

Do NOT send this watch to Omega or an Omega AD.

9. gerudo Jun 6, 2016

Why ? You had bad experiences ?

10. Speedmasterfan88 Jun 6, 2016

Sending the watch to Omega is not a good idea! They will most likely do stuff and change parts you, and every serious collector, don't want to be changed! See this Thread here :

https://omegaforums.net/threads/upd...atch-to-omega-for-service-is-a-problem.32472/

Try to find an experienced watchmaker in your area, someone with experience with Vintage watches. They can do a movement Service for you. That's all this watch will need in my opinion, as the rest looks stunning and prestine! He or she will also be abled to help you with the strap removal ;).

Great watch you got there. And you came to the the best place for advice! ;).

11. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 6, 2016

If you are going to wear it have it serviced by a trusted local watchmaker. If you are going to collect it and not wear it because it is NOS then don't do anything to it.

And don't send it to omega especially for servicing - costly and high risk of inadvertent work being done to the watch.

12. gerudo Jun 6, 2016

Ok I'm going to see if I find someone in my area. I also have a Tudor submariner that need to be serviced it would be great to do both. As always thank you for your great answers !

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  13. Keefa Jun 19, 2021

Hi there - for the PZ5031-L plexiglass - do people know if this is an internal cyclops or not? Cheers - Keith

14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 19, 2021

Yes, the 063PZ5031L has a single internal "eyeglass" as Omega refers to it.

15. Keefa Jun 19, 2021

Thanks - is it still possible to buy? Many thanks for your help :) trying to locate one as the only one I can see is the PZ5031-L which didn’t look right from the photos :) kind regards

16. Fallout Boy Jun 19, 2021

Don't change the glass ;) Nice watch, congrats!

Keefa and Samir like this.
  17. Keefa Jun 19, 2021

thanks
    It looks like the scratches might be able to be buffed away….would like a spare plexiglass (preference is the original
    Internal eyeglass) for down the track as I would like to hand this down :) cheers

Samir likes this.
  18. Keefa Jun 21, 2021

Thanks - stupid question. I found a NOS one but its 063 PZ 5076-L - looks like it designed for the Seamaster 300... would this work for my vintage one... dimensions are the same being 30.6mm. Cheers

19. Keefa Jun 21, 2021

Thanks - definately keeping, but trying to track down another plexi for keep safe for down the track (in case it gets damaged) Cheers - hagd.