Forums Latest Members

Vintage Seamaster Chronograph - Interesting Dial. Thoughts?

1. denim Jan 17, 2017

Hey Guys,

This is my first post here on the forum. I ran across this Seamaster Chronograph, but I'm having a hard time finding any info on it. I've been sorting through as much info as I can online, but can't seem to find a Seamaster with this dial. Makes me wonder if this is a fake.. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!

omega3.jpg omega2.jpg omega1.jpg
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 17, 2017

pippy likes this.
  3. denim Jan 17, 2017

The photos are from the seller. I wish they were clearer as well. I've asked for some more photos, still waiting on them...

4. Archibald A. L. Jan 20, 2017

Hi Denim!

I´m also a new in the OF and interested in this watch...

My thougts:
    In Marco Richons Omegabible are some pictures of this modell. Subdials like theese are used in the middle-late 50s.
    "Omega"-logo and script looks like on the Speedmaster-models of that time, the deep "S" of "seamaster" is also uesd in the middle of the 60s...
    May be wishful thinking: the case back seems to have a Hippocampus (which is hardly polished and also used for the Speedmaster pre-moon models). The case himself looks for me a little bit like a Speedy-housing (straight lugs)...

If it´s original, it should have a 321 in it and the price is hot. Even if you are in the US: only postage fee

About the seller: no profesionell watchtrader, the pictures are sad, no communication and shipping to europe is only available via GSP (Pitney Bowes) which is very expensive...

If you try it: good luck and show us what you get

5. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 20, 2017

Hi Guys

Dials looks to me to be a redial... just do not like the look of it... The case looks more like late 50s early 60s..

I would pass with only the info posted above...

Good Hunting

bill Sohne

Archibald A. L. and dsio like this.
  6. Archibald A. L. Jan 20, 2017

Hi Bill
    I think you´re right: it´s a redial.
    Thanks!