Vintage Seamaster Check

Just purchased this vintage Seamaster.

It seemed in excellent condition, the brushing on the ssteel appeared correct, omega symbol etched into crystal, etc. but, please be honest.

1. What do you guys think?
2. Does it appear to be all original (no redial, etc.)?
3. Is it odd that the movement number was not written on the booklet?

Thank you!

Like 1
Just purchased this vintage Seamaster.

It seemed in excellent condition, the brushing on the ssteel appeared correct, omega symbol etched into crystal, etc. but, please be honest.

1. What do you guys think?
2. Does it appear to be all original (no redial, etc.)?
3. Is it odd that the movement number was not written on the booklet?

Thank you!
I can’t make sense of the paperwork, but the watch looks good

Like 1
I can’t make sense of the paperwork, but the watch looks good

Thank you for checking. I used a translator and it seems that first line (with the slashes) is actually a date of December 10, 1981, which is when the watch was sold I guess.

The other number relates to the watch model maybe

Thank you for taking a look, I am mainly concerned with the watch quality, not being a Frankenstein or redial

You’re very welcome. From the sunburst pattern on the dial, the quality of the printing, and the serifs on the lettering, I’d say the dial is 100% original. The hand set also looks correct as they have luminous material, as does the dial, and as is indicated by the “T SWISS T”.

Regards,

Chris

Looks fine to me.

The only negative from my perspective is the integrated bracelet.
If it's too short it can be hard to find extra links and the case design prevents the use of standard bracelets and straps.

It's not a problem if it fits you and you like it though.

Like 3
Thank you both - the listing stated it kept accurate time, but seems to be about 25-30 seconds slow over 24 hours. I also paid over $1,200 given the good condition. Do you think I should reconsider?

I understand there are some better movements like the 7xx, but I do like the way this watch looks.

Thank you both - the listing stated it kept accurate time, but seems to be about 25-30 seconds slow over 24 hours. I also paid over $1,200 given the good condition. Do you think I should reconsider?

I understand there are some better movements like the 7xx, but I do like the way this watch looks.
It looks straight and original but that price is a bit toppy for a 1020 model, especially since it clearly needs a service so you’ll be into it for more like $1500 to get it running right. If you like it though and it fits well you should be fine after a service.