Forums Latest Members
  1. hcomega Sep 12, 2016

Good evening Omega fans,

I thought I'd upload a few pics of my Seamaster Calendar from around 1960 and see if any of you could tell me whether or not it has been redialed or polished, which I suspect is the case because the "m" in "Seamaster", among other things, looks a bit off. Given the price I paid I think it's a beautiful watch but I realise that you can't expect a perfect example for ~300 USD (the prices are likely to be a tad higher in Switzerland, where I live). My particular model appears to be the CK2849 reference.
    P.s; the caseback seems to be very over-polished which leads me to believe that it has been replaced sometime in the past.

Thanks,
    H.C

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Canuck likes this.
  2. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Sep 12, 2016

its def. not a redial

3. Uniqez Sep 12, 2016

Doesn't look like it's been redial to my unprofessional eye.
    Maybe relumed.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

4. hcomega Sep 12, 2016

What do you guys reckon, a good buy? The case is in rather nice nick too.

5. Uniqez Sep 12, 2016

Case is not over polished either. Can you see omega logo on the crystal?
    Hard to tell if it is a good buy, no picture of the movement. More experienced mates will tell you a lot more, when they see a movement.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

6. hcomega Sep 12, 2016

No the Omega logo isn't on the crystal, did they even do it on the older ones? Unfortunately I don't have the appropriate tools to open the snap-on caseback but I will get my watchmaker to snap a few pics of the movement which I believe is the 503 cal.
    H.C

7. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Sep 12, 2016

yeah, the crystal might just be a generic part if it doesn't have the logo, which is no big deal, and you are correct reference 2849 should have cal 503. As far as the price, I think you did well.

8. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 12, 2016

I agree with the OP, I don't think the original '50s (and older) crystals had the logo. A replacement crystal, in any case, is not a big deal.The dial looks completely original to me (including lume dots).

9. ConElPueblo Sep 12, 2016

Ahem, excuse me... Did you pay around $300 for this?

If that's the case, you've made one hell of a deal. Great condition case and a dial that is not too far gone (the dial on these tend to be in rather poor state, evidenced by the huge number of redials/wrecks of this reference.

Absolutely loved mine and am always looking for a new one. If you'd like to earn a hundred dollars, let me know and I'll take it off your hands ;)

[​IMG]

Jwit and Uniqez like this.
  10. hcomega Sep 12, 2016

Thanks,
    indeed I did, and there are more where this one came from. I've got my eye on a non date one with the original box. I'm not going to tell you where I purchased it incase I can snipe another good deal. I'm surprised because I doubted I could find anything without a redial for 300 bucks.
    Greetings,
    H.C

ConElPueblo likes this.
  11. hcomega Sep 12, 2016

BTW, that one with the crosshair is beautiful. I'll keep you updated on the no-date.

12. Dr No Sep 12, 2016

My cousin's '58 ref 2849 doesn't have the Ω symbol in the crystal . . .

helpdesk_4888258.jpg
    helpdesk_4888263.jpg

. . . so I'm not at all surprised yours doesn't, either.

Cordially,

Art

13. hcomega Sep 16, 2016

Good evening, I'm currently watching a no-date SM on said local auction site. What do you think it's worth here on the forums? If I do end up getting it I'll probably keep it but on the off chance that I want to flip it I'd like to know someone could take it off my hands.
    HC.

14. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 16, 2016

All based on condition. If average and all original, mid-three figures in US$.

Nicer ones, especially with black dials or rose gold markers can bring more.
    gatorcpa

15. hcomega Sep 16, 2016

Thanks, it appears to be unpolished, not redialed and with it's original box but the pics aren't terribly good. Update: I have successfully won it.

Uniqez likes this.