Forums Latest Members
  1. SteveC Nov 30, 2015

My girlfriend inherited a Omega Seamaster from her father. It originally came from a member of the family who was a Bishop.
    We're trying to decipher if it is a authentic Omega Seamaster, if so what it may be worth as she would like to reimburse the other siblings. Its an automatic as it started ticking when we handled it after years put away.

It has been brought to a jeweller at some point (years ago) who said it was authentic. But, there isn't any wording at all on the face. The back, is plain but does have 'Seamaster' on the top and 'waterproof' on the bottom (neither can actually be seen in the photos).

Any advice? DSC_0055 (450x800).jpg DSC_0056 (550x800).jpg

2. SteveC Nov 30, 2015

Sorry for the duplicate posting. I accidentally clicked twice...

3. BadAndy Nov 30, 2015

To better help us, take it to a jewelry shop, and have them open up the watch. (Note some of these watches open from the front, but I think this one opens from the back, better photos would be needed to confirm). From there, you can take pictures of the back, and the movement. The movement should be stamped with the movement model, and a serial number. The back will be stamped with the model number.

I am very untrained at vintage Omegas, but it most certainly was a re-dial at some point, and not exactly well done. The back and case were probably polished which would explain the smooth edges and the faint "Seamster & Waterproof". I am sure it is due for a service and overall cleaning. If it is real, I would say it would date from the 1950's. Others on here would be able to tell you more, especially once we see inside.

4. SteveC Nov 30, 2015

Thanks a million. I'll pass that on. I'll post more pics when we get that done.