Vintage Seamaster - But it only says "automatic" on face

Can anyone tell me about this watch? I have not seen one like it anywhere.

It’s a terrible redial. Try opening it up and see what’s inside. The reference number will be on the inside of the case back.

I've been looking all around the web for a similar Seamaster, but can you believe that I have not found a single watch as this one?

I've been looking all around the web for a similar Seamaster, but can you believe that I have not found a single watch as this one?
Yes. Your dial has been repainted and is not original so it’s not a surprise you can’t find one that looks just like it.

Tell us more. Is it yours? Are you looking to potentially buy it? As @Aroxx stated, it’s a terrible re-dial.

Tell us more. Is it yours? Are you looking to potentially buy it? As @Aroxx stated, it’s a terrible re-dial.

No, I have it. I acquired it in Italy a few years ago. So you're saying some time ago some one paid to have the dial changed? Why in the world would they write "automatic" on the dial .. Seems odd.

Is it not an automatic? I’m more questioning why they chose to write it on there with a fat tipped Sharpie. 😁

No, I have it. I acquired it in Italy a few years ago. So you're saying some time ago some one paid to have the dial changed? Why in the world would they write "automatic" on the dial .. Seems odd.
Or they did it themselves to sell…in all of your internet search, I’m sure you came across solid original dials to compare. Many vintage Omegas have the word “automatic” on the dial. They aren’t like yours though.

Or they did it themselves to sell…in all of your internet search, I’m sure you came across solid original dials to compare. Many vintage Omegas have the word “automatic” on the dial. They aren’t like yours though.

The watch is automatic, and it works quite well! Do you have a reference picture I can see of one that says "automatic" on it?

Google is your friend, but here is mine.

That may be the original dial, likely damaged by water intrusion then repainted. The artiste didn't want to bother writing more than automatic because it would only look worse.
1000003345.jpg
Edited:

I’m afraid it’s one of those, ‘Once seen can’t be unseen’ as far as I’m concerned.
In Henry B’s situation, I’d be tempted to have the dial cleaned/repainted, and the hands cleaned

Thanks for everyone's input, I'll probably just list it for sale on ebay. If anyone knows of a better way/place to sell it, please let me know.