Forums Latest Members
  1. IdahoLizzie Dec 1, 2013

Omega1.jpg omega2.jpg Omega1.jpg

Today I purchased this Omega Seamaster Automatic through a local auction house. I was not able to attend and purchased the watch through their online bidding process - I bid on the watch without even viewing the item in person (gasp). The two pictures are from the auction house. I will pick up the watch later this week and take to a jeweler to have the back taken off for the serial numbers, etc. Can anyone tell me about this watch now from these pictures? Authentic? Fake? Date? Style? Thank you so much.

2. ulackfocus Dec 1, 2013

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 1, 2013

uh...that dial...
    clint_ew.gif

mac_omega and kyle L like this.
  4. dantaspaulo Dec 1, 2013

[​IMG]

5. IdahoLizzie Dec 1, 2013

Luckily I didn't pay that much! I understand redials but why would someone "redial" the face in this way? Was it to deceive? And if so, what style were they going after? Or did an 8 year old with paints have free reign with their father's watch?

6. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Dec 1, 2013

The watch probably has a bumper type movement and is likely from the mid 1950's, we cannot tell you much more without seeing the movement, and if the dial is anything to go by the movement is likely to be in need of some cleaning and a good service. Though this may well be more money than you paid for the watch, in some ways I hope it is more expensive than the watch as the watch isn't worth anything to a collector.
    good luck

7. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Dec 1, 2013

maybe there was some damage to the outside of the dial so thought they could just paint over it! Though I prefer the idea of the 8 year old

IdahoLizzie likes this.
  8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 1, 2013

mac_omega, John R Smith and rhetoric like this.
  9. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Dec 1, 2013

No Idea why someone would do that to the dial, but it is what it is. It also appears there is some wear through the gold filling (at least on the crown). ONce you get the watch have it opened and see whats inside. If it has a decent movement it might be worth something (mostly parts).

10. ulackfocus Dec 2, 2013

These two are good…...

…… but the baby wins by a landslide.

11. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 2, 2013

I was going to use this,

317eg77.gif

but I agree, baby scores :thumbsup:

(I watched it for ages, remembering my two kids at that age, but them with puke and food smear)

12. Hijak Dec 5, 2013

That just might be the worst redial of all time!:oops: The person who did this...what were they thinking?:eek:

13. John R Smith Dec 5, 2013

They were just . . . some kind of . . . stoned hippy, man :cool: