Forums Latest Members
  1. pups46 Mar 11, 2019

Hi Guys,

Im new to the forum as I first came here to try and gain knowledge on the world of vintage omega watches. Long story short, I have been introduced to a guy who has around 30 of these watches. He said that his father had the contract to repair the British Army's watches in the 60's & 70's back in Malaysia. When the British left in the 80's, his father had many watches and parts left over that he put together and thats where these watches originate from. Many of them have never been worn etc by him. I wanted to get opinions on if they seem legit and if they have any value. I know the hands etc don't look original to the watch, but don't know exactly how much this affects the value of the watch and collectors desire.

omega 1.jpg omega 2.jpg omega 3.jpg omega 5.jpg omega 6.jpg omega 7.jpg omega 8.jpg .

Really Appreciate your time and effort in advance. Thank you :)

2. Screwbacks Mar 11, 2019

which ones are being offered to you? if the price is right and assuming all parts correct, i'll get all the military pieces. ;)

3. pups46 Mar 11, 2019

lol....originally the one with the green strap is being offered to me. But they are open to any of them. I was just chasing up more information on what the value to a collector would be and if the different hands make a big difference or not etc. Also wanted to check if they are legit before I committed to anything.

4. Screwbacks Mar 11, 2019

obviously based on the posted, there are obviously differences on the lug shapes, hands and crowns in those military omegas. therefore, the dials had to be closely inspected too if not redialed.

5. aprax Mar 12, 2019

Avoid, it has two seconds hands. :confused:

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 12, 2019

As I said in your first post. Based on the background, I suspect that most or even all of these are "parts box" watches, so collector value is limited.

The one you are being offered is "rather unusual" in that is a centre second/sub second combo, as are most of the others in the pics.

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 12, 2019

Not sure why this hasn't been said: The one you're being offered is crap. The movement in the watch doesn't have subseconds yet the dial does, in addition to the center seconds. The military marking is as much of a fantasy as the non-working sub-seconds. Politely thank them for the opportunity and get the hell out of there.