Forums Latest Members
  1. Chiphs Feb 8, 2017

Hi,

I just found this watch at a reasonable price, and I consider buying it. And I would like to hear your opinion as to whether I should buy it or consider staying away. Seller says it's a Seamaster caliber 562, reference 166.002 from '66. Can anyone confirm that this is true? Do you think the case and mechanic matches, and that the dial is original?
    Seller has told me that the crown and the glass has been changed. He wants around $350-400.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
  2. Chiphs Feb 8, 2017

Also, I've been looking at these two watches at around the same price - do they seem original? And which of the three would you recommend buying?

Seamaster 30:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
  3. Chiphs Feb 8, 2017

And Seamaster 600:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
  4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 8, 2017

Allow me to show you how this is done:

Hi all, my name is Chiphs and I'm new to the forum. I like pina coladas, getting caught in the rain and vintage Omegas. I know I should set an avatar but haven't found the perfect one, yet.

These three watches caught my eye and was hoping you could steer me in the right direction. Through my extensive research, I have compared them to examples I have found here and elsewhere on-line and they look good to me (except for the Citizen crown on the 600). I studied the OVD, since I have the movement and reference number for each, and all looks good, but I would appreciate second opinions.

Thank you in advance,
    Chiphs

GregH, Vicke, Ezurcc and 1 other person like this.
  5. Chiphs Feb 8, 2017

Well, I'm really sorry I wasn't more polite. I was in a bit of a rush. But thank you for taking the time to answering anyway.

But you think that they all seem decent except for the one with the Citizen crown? They're all around $350-400. Would you recommend one of them over the others from what you can see on the pictures?

Thank you
    Chiphs

6. ConElPueblo Feb 8, 2017

What attracted you to these specific ones? They are all rather common on the market, so there should be a healthy amount available at any given time... Any pros or cons you have identified?

7. duffy7 Feb 8, 2017

Hi Chiphs,

as I do own the same Seamaster 30 model I can tell you that it is authentic. The 19xxxxxx serial number is correct for the time of the Seamaster 30 (cal. 286). Hands and crown are original. It should be reference 135.007 (written on the inner side of the caseback) Movement has no corrosion (rust) as far as I can see.

I like those Seamaster 30 models - the 286movement is a rather simple movement (hand winding) but it works pretty well and it is rather easy to maintain
    greetz duffy:)