Forums Latest Members
  1. Inamis Dec 31, 2021

Question is in reference to replacement of movement from a functional watch. I am attempting to use old the gold case (pictured) due to its sentimental value. I had someone open it up to tell me that it is a REF 14701 4 SC? Can have a professional watch repair shop replace only the movement from a functional watch (REF. 14701 SC-61)? I would think this would be possible but I am not sure if the REF #'s match or if there are any differences in the case.

Thank you!

IMG_3081.JPG
  2. SkunkPrince Dec 31, 2021

It'll go. The extra numbers don't affect whether a cal 562 fits, as they both have one.

watchyouwant and sleepyastronaut like this.
  3. ApolloXVII Jan 2, 2022

+1..I think it will work. The extra numbers i think are from the year and material of the case..

4. kaplan Jan 3, 2022

You just need a 561 / 562 / 564 or 565 donor, but I suggest getting a 561 donor which is likely what's in this case (you need to get the old bridge with the original serial number installed on the new movement, which is a significant task)

I suggest using the original dial and movement too, but if the screws are corroded it'll be hard to remove it

But if you're going to just buy a new watch and use the case, it's a 2 minute operation, however the identity of a watch is in the serial number and it's in the movement