Forums Latest Members
  1. Biezmez Nov 6, 2023

Hi guys

Saw this one sold a couple of days ago in the UK. Final price £2722. I’m far from any expect on these and was just intrigued to understand the dial on this watch. It appears to be a dial from a thin bezel - the appearance of the typeface used on the Seamaster 300, however the hour indices all have small triangles rather than just at the 12.3,6,9?

Is this a known dial variant?

Then this appears to be in a thick bezel case.
    I appreciate the crown is a replacement and there looks like there’s some issues with water having got into the movement.
    These are the only photos from the listing and I don’t have any more.

Regards
    Chris

IMG_9109.jpeg IMG_9108.jpeg IMG_9107.jpeg IMG_9106.jpeg

2. masteroftime Nov 6, 2023

As far as I know, that is a service dial from somewhere between the 1970’s and 1990’s. They pop up every so often. I recently saw a seller liquidating some vintage Omega stock on eBay and they even had some similar dials in original packaging. They’re not very desirable; the older service dials and current/modern service dials are way better. The damage to this one means it is worth very little if anything. Unless the buyer has a dial, it was likely bought mostly for the case and bezel.

I’m not certain whether this dial was only intended for the earlier SM300 models or also the 165.024, but I have seen it on plenty of 165.024s.

Biezmez, Revo, Dan S and 1 other person like this.
  3. Biezmez Nov 6, 2023

….excellent to know. That explains it. Many thanks for the response.

4. Donn Chambers Nov 6, 2023

I was about to say the dial was fake until I read this -- it looks terrible, and not only from the damage.

Biezmez likes this.
  5. calalum Nov 6, 2023

My thoughts as well.

Biezmez likes this.
  6. Knudsen1971 Nov 7, 2023

I was bidding on this one too, but the final price was way over my limit.
    HF case, but it suffers from huge water damage, the movement will be probably useless, but the bridge will be salvable. Nice resto project this can be!

EdtheAussie and Biezmez like this.