Forums Latest Members

Vintage Seamaster 300 hands - candlestick or sword?

1. buddman Aug 9, 2015

i am looking at a SM300 "big triangle" disk watch that has candlestick hands. A couple have been discussed on the forum but here is another example. Is this combo 100% incorrect, or did such a variation exist?

image.jpg
  2. JACK G Aug 9, 2015

3. buddman Aug 9, 2015

Thanks Jack. I did read your excellent guide before posting. You say that " big triangle is USUALLY fitted with baton hands" - so sometimes not? Original or service replacement?

4. JACK G Aug 9, 2015

[QUOTE="buddman, post: 314526, member: 3472" You say that " big triangle is USUALLY fitted with baton hands" - so sometimes not? Original or service replacement?[/QUOTE]

As is the case with a lot of vintage Omega variables it is hard to be definitive. There would not have been a 'cast in stone' cut off point when sword hands replaced stick hands and the same would apply for using a BT dial with either option.

I am pretty certain that stick hands with a BT dial is how some SM300s left the factory.

Difficult to see from your pic but if hand lume looks close to dial lume (does not have to match 100%) they probably came with the watch.