Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Rolex Submariner 1680 Ca. 1969 - Already Reduced.

1. serdal22 Oct 3, 2013

*** TRADED***.

Hello Everybody,

I am relisting this Rolex Submariner 1680 from 1969 with some fresh fotos and updates.

I purchased this vintage Sub 1680 at TRF from a very reliable member this year as my birth year watch. I am describing and disclosing everything about this piece as per my best knowledge.

If you notice ANY mistake on the description, please do not hesitate to PM me, and I will be more than happy to correct any mistake if there is any as soon as possible.

It was serviced by B. RIDLEY two years ago in USA before I purchased. It has a service dial and fresh lume, and service second hand. Hour and minute hand seem like original to this piece..

Here are two very fresh fotos I took at 1630 PDT (2330 GMT) on 29.09.2013, Sunday, first one is showing the (Partial) 2.29 mil serial, and the second one is a lume foto:

Sub 1680 Serial.jpg

View attachment 28833

And these older fotos are taken after I received this fine vintage piece:
    Sub 1680 - 3.jpg Sub 1680 - 2.jpg SUb 1680 - 1.jpg Sub 1680 - 7.jpg Sub 1680 - 4.jpg Sub 1680 - 5.jpg Sub 1680 - 6.jpg

The movement does not hack, and not quick date set, and runs flawlessly. Numbers 6 and 9 are open type. Acrylic crystal is newer, and in excellent condition, has a few hard to see very light hair lines here and there. It is not possible to see on the fotos, but they are there.

I purchased this very nice vintage wooden box from ’60 – ‘70ies, and plus these hang tags. This partial box set is not original to this watch, I tried to make it a partial set. Box set was purchased separately from a different seller, they are also original Rolex parts, but again, not original to this Sub 1680. And here is the box set:

P1080502.JPG P1080501.JPG P1080504.JPG P1080505.JPG

I received this piece head only, and made a black leather strap with skull riveting. The spring bars are diver style double flanged bars, not original Rolex spring bars.

The new price is $5500 US shipped in Canada; outside Canada the buyer pays for the shipping and PP fees and insurance, and responsible for the customs hold ups and fees.

My price is negotiable, so don’t be shy to give me your best offers, and all of the PMs and emails will be replied fast. No trade this time. I can ship from WA, USA for the American buyers.

If you need more fotos or info, please do not hesitate to PM me or email me at serdalkaptan at gmail dot com.

Face to face deals and inspections here in B.C. are welcome.

Thanks for looking . . .

Capt. Serdal

2. serdal22 Oct 3, 2013

Ok, the lume foto is not showing on the OP. Here it is:

P1080497.JPG

Very best regards . . .

Capt. Serdal

3. serdal22 Oct 6, 2013

Traded at another forum.

Thank you all for your interest, thank you Omega Forum.

Capt. Serdal