Forums Latest Members
  1. DIV May 1, 2016

does anyone have the ability to post a side by side photo of the original Railmaster next to its little brother, the Ranchero? They share the same manual-wind movement and dial esthetics (esp with the 2996 Ranchero), but the Railmaster has a beefier case to house the anti-magnetic shield. This makes the Railmaster thicker from top to bottom, but also adds more case perimeter between the dial edge and the edge of the case.
    The Ranchero has 18mm lugs and I think the RM is 19mm? The Ranchero has a 36mm case width and the RM is closer to 38.
    I would love to see a side-by-side!

Thank you

2. DIV May 2, 2016

Really? no one on the Omega Forums has both a Railmaster and a Ranchero they can put side by side and post a photo?

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 2, 2016

These are both pretty rare watches. Even those few who might have them both may not have a side-by-side to show you.

Hint, you catch a lot more flies with honey, than with vinegar. ;)
    gatorcpa

Davidt, Giff2577 and oddboy like this.
  4. DIV May 2, 2016

Hi Gator...yes, you are right. I apologize for my frustration. I guess we've be spoiled by googling and getting instant gratification for this and that.

The truth is that I would be very gratful is someone blessed this thread with the kind and anticipated additional of a comparison photo of these two treasured timepieces! I think it would be extremely useful and interesting for us small time collectors/enthusiasts who don't have the opportunity to handle a vintage Railmaster and Ranchero at the same time.....

Thank you!:thumbsup:::love::

5. Steve1haggart May 3, 2016

Hi DIV,
    I will be happy to put my ranchero and my Railmaster side-by-side for you . The trouble I have at present I'm staying at my girlfriend recovering from a fractured hip ,I will however be heading home Thursday or Friday if you are willing to wait or some other OF member can help you out in the meantime .

Edited May 3, 2016
  6. DIV May 3, 2016

Hey Steve...sorry to hear about girlfriend's hip fracture...ouch!!!
    Very much appreciated....when you get to it....obviously, it's all about priorities, but thank you kindly for being up for it!
    I have a couple Ranchero's but no original Railmaster (just the 39mm reissue)....

7. Steve1haggart May 3, 2016

It's my plesure, that what we are here for , it's myself that has the fractured hip my GF is looking after me . My ranchero took me several month to track down a genuine one my Railmaster once I dicided I was going to purchase one only took me a matter of weeks .. If you want to see some lovey vintage omega watches checkout Roy & Sacha Davidoff
    db1983.com is there website .

8. DIV May 3, 2016

ah, got it...I misread your post....sorry about the hip, either way....
    By the way, is your Ranchero a 2990? I'm pretty happy with mine (see Avatar), but I'm on the hunt for a 2996 (center seconds) with broad arrow hands, but those seem to be almost as rare as hen's teeth. Thanks for the Davidoff lead, I'll check it out.

9. micampe May 3, 2016

They have a 2990 Ranchero on sale for CHF 14k. I don’t… I can’t… ::screwloose::

10. Steve1haggart May 3, 2016

That will be the USA Air Force one that's on there website very rare to fine .

11. ericgt4 May 4, 2016

^ which basically means that it was delivered to an Air Force exchange to be sold to service members in the PX.

12. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar May 4, 2016

As stated on their website, it is not an issued watch. It was simply delivered to the exchange for sale. IMO, this should add nothing to the value of the watch. The watch has been listed for a while and at over 14,000$ I think it is a bit on the high side.

micampe and gemini4 like this.
  13. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 5, 2016

:eek:

yup!

14. Steve1haggart May 7, 2016

Good morning all,
    Hi DIV sorry for the delay only got home this morning. couple of photos of my Railmaster and ranchero together.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  15. DIV May 7, 2016

Hi Steve.
    Awesome photos!...thank you so much. This may be the first time the Internet has been graced with a side by side shot of these two vintage Omegas.

Thank you kindly!!

16. DIV May 7, 2016

Any chance you can stack them or lay the cases side by side to show the difference in case dimensions?....I know I'm asking a lot, but this is really a rare opportunity.
    Is the Railmaster case identical the the Seamaster CK-2913?

17. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jun 4, 2016

Just sourced a Ranchero, 36mm. Here it is flanked by two Railmasters, 38mm.
    image.jpeg

18. DIV Jun 4, 2016

Hey!...awesome pic...and congrats on a great collection!
    I think it's safe to say that they use the same-size dial.
    **Any chance you can show a comparison photo of the cases stacked on each other?

Edited Jun 4, 2016
  19. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jun 5, 2016

When I was a youngster, there was a popular TV program called
    "YOU ASKED FOR IT"

Railmaster Ranchero Raunchy Positions
    Hope I don't get the ax from OF

Ranchero over Railmaster. Both facing up
    image.jpeg

Ranchero over Railmaster. Cheek to Cheek
    image.jpeg

Ranchero over Railmaster. Both facing down.
    image.jpeg

Ranchero is on top of pic .
    image.jpeg

Railmaster is on top of pic.
    image.jpeg

20. omar Jun 5, 2016

Here are two shots of my PAF sisters, 135.004 railmaster and 2996 with seamaster dial, same case as ranchero.

In my experience, the railmaster is more of a tool watch (very beefy size), the ranchero is dressier watch, thinner in all dimensions.

The size of the railmaster sets it apart for the time though. Definitely substantial. And the inner ring makes it look more solid. image.jpeg image.jpeg

numero27, Eve, fjf and 5 others like this.