Vintage quartz Seamaster repair near NYC?

This is the first time I’ve posted on a forum anywhere, so please excuse any gaffs. I couldn’t resist buying this little quartz TV dial Seamaster for about the price of a tank of gas, but it’s woefully in need of an overhaul. No simple battery swap will fix this one. Not only does it not run, the crown moves the hour hand, not the minute hand. (Gah!) Obviously, the repair won’t be cheap. But who (other than Omega itself) actually has the expertise to overhaul a long obsolete quartz movement from the early 1980s? Any recommendations in the NYC Metro area (or by mail) would be most appreciated. Thanks!

This is the first time I’ve posted on a forum anywhere, so please excuse any gaffs. I couldn’t resist buying this little quartz TV dial Seamaster for about the price of a tank of gas, but it’s woefully in need of an overhaul. No simple battery swap will fix this one. Not only does it not run, the crown moves the hour hand, not the minute hand. (Gah!) Obviously, the repair won’t be cheap. But who (other than Omega itself) actually has the expertise to overhaul a long obsolete quartz movement from the early 1980s?

I suspect that on the back you will find "1342" engraved. With this movement the centre of the crown has to be pushed to move the minute hand.
p10.jpg

p12.jpg

Any recommendations in the NYC Metro area (or by mail) would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Can't help with NYC, I'm in the UK, but I despaired of finding someone to sort out mine and it had to go to Omega in Switzerland. I do think you should try a new battery first though.

Try to run it by taping some wires to a 1.5V AA battery and touching the connections manually first, could be a simple connection issue

Other than that it's either a display item, or it'll be cheaper to find a new movement from eBay and doing a movement swap

Try to run it by taping some wires to a 1.5V AA battery and touching the connections manually first, could be a simple connection issue

Other than that it's either a display item, or it'll be cheaper to find a new movement from eBay and doing a movement swap

Kaplan is right. However I will point you toward who in Manhattan can fix the watch but as Kaplan said it's not going to be worth the expense.
www.tepmvsfvgit.com

You’re absolutely right. Thank you!

I suspect that on the back you will find "1342" engraved. With this movement the centre of the crown has to be pushed to move the minute hand.
p10.jpg

p12.jpg

Can't help with NYC, I'm in the UK, but I despaired of finding someone to sort out mine and it had to go to Omega in Switzerland. I do think you should try a new battery first though.
p10.jpg

p12.jpg

Kaplan is right. However I will point you toward who in Manhattan can fix the watch but as Kaplan said it's not going to be worth the expense.
www.tepmvsfvgit.com
Thank you all for the incredibly helpful and generous responses! I really appreciate the time you took to help me out, and I’ll be trying your suggestions.

www.tepmvsfvgit.com

Damnit if @thirty8mm likes the watch it's worth sorting it out for them. It's interesting for its point in history, it's different -- you will never walk into a room and see another person wearing one. Yeah it's not worth much to the Speedy/Seamaster/Ranchero/Constellation enthusiast, but I buy watches that I like and to hell with what anyone else thinks of them.

Load and aim your scorn weapons -- I wear both my Speedy Reduced and my TV dial 1342, and pay well to keep them running in good order. Only Omegas I have.

Would like a hummer though.....

Damnit if @thirty8mm likes the watch it's worth sorting it out for them. It's interesting for its point in history, it's different -- you will never walk into a room and see another person wearing one. Yeah it's not worth much to the Speedy/Seamaster/Ranchero/Constellation enthusiast, but I buy watches that I like and to hell with what anyone else thinks of them.

Load and aim your scorn weapons -- I wear both my Speedy Reduced and my TV dial 1342, and pay well to keep them running in good order. Only Omegas I have.

Would like a hummer though.....

Hey when you're right you're right. I've sunk way more $ than I should have in watches that I liked regardless of value to others. I suppose since the OP gave the impression it was an impulse buy some of us were trying to prevent a $ train wreck for him.
Oh...and I also have a speedy reduced that I wear often and paid Tempvs Fvgit to service it two years ago, regardless of what the speedy-dweebs might say 😁