Forums Latest Members
  1. Alau94 Mar 24, 2019

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at purchasing a watch with a functioning Cal 1337 quartz movement as donor movement for an Omega Sea Master Calypso ref 396.0929. I've had this movement looked at and apparently there is an issue with the electronic module, have been unable to source a NOS replacement, so next best move seems to be having a watchmaker install a functioning one from another watch.

Pic of the watch:
    [​IMG]

Seamaster calypso movement:

[​IMG]
    After looking over advice on the forum I feel that the best approach would be to look on Ebay for a watch with a clean looking movement from a reputable seller. However I wanted to confirm the following before diving in:

Will any watch which houses the Cal 1337 movement work, or are there sub variants of this movement? If not, what is be the best way to check if the donor movement will fit before purchasing one?

For example, I've been looking at watches such as the Constellation and Other Seamaster variants, on inspection the movements look the same and the minute adjuster appears to be in the same spot, but I'm sure if these would fit given they're from different watches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for your help

AveConscientia likes this.
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 24, 2019

The Cal. 1337 came in 2 variations...sort of. There are actually 4, so 2 versions with silver plates, and 2 versions with yellow plates like yours.

Other than colour differences, the changes are related to the hand height, so there were 2 different heights to provide different amounts of clearance over the dial markers for the hands. No information is available that shows what the height difference was.

If you are planning on swapping the entire movement, this may come into play - the worst case scenario would be that your watch uses the taller posts on the movement, and the replacement you get has the shorter, and this means there might be some difficulty with fitting the hands and having proper clearance from the dial and spacing. But if all you are using is the circuit that shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers, Al

Motik and warrydog like this.