Forums Latest Members
  1. Biggbubba Jan 27, 2019

Hi All

I am a collector of vintage dive watches from the 60s and 70s and hobbyist watchmaker. Although I only just joined this forum I have been on the hunt for an unmolested Ploprof for a couple years. I recently picked up this early generation example that appears all original. Judging by the condition of the dial and hands and the melted gaskets I'm guessing it's never been opened. At least I'm hoping to find it's original movement inside!

As this is my first Ploprof I have a couple questions for those who may have worked on one of these beasts;

1. Any tricks/pitfalls opening up the case?
    2. Advice on extracting the movement without contaminating the dial with the dreaded gasket goo?
    3. Does anyone have the service manual for Omega cal 1002? I've searched and found a general guide but not one with a detailed exploded view.
    4. Part numbers for the crystal and crown gaskets?
    5. Keep or replace crystal? I usually replace preferring an unimpeded view of that gorgeous dial but for the sake of originality I'm not sure with this one.

Any advice appreciated
    Cheers

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

simonsays, eugeneandresson and Dash1 like this.
  2. trash_gordon Jan 28, 2019

Nice early Ploprof. Do you have pictures of the back?

To remove the mouvement you need to take off the bezel with a knife then unscrew the crystal.
    The crown is not a ratchet one don't pull it off.

mikkoi likes this.
  3. simonsays Jan 28, 2019

That dial is very nice at the moment, and the seal has melted to a dangerous level. I would be very careful and advise giving it to someone familiar with these if you are in any doubt. It would be a shame to contaminate the dial.

trash_gordon likes this.
  4. Kieren Jan 28, 2019

something to be aware of if replacing the crystal is that Omega no longer produce the crystal in mineral, it is only available in sapphire. Ref 062SN5319

5. Biggbubba Jan 28, 2019

Here ya go...

IMG_0095.jpg