Forums Latest Members
  1. pakal Sep 10, 2016

I have been given this watch from my father. Not an omega expert, even less a vintage watch fan, if this can be considered as such. 20160426_180724.jpg 20160426_180930.jpg 20160426_180941.jpg
    Can anyone give me more infos about this watch?

2. Tom Dick and Harry Sep 11, 2016

It is an 18K omega constellation from circa 1975, I would say it falls firmly in to the vintage camp and it looks like a very good clean example

They are actually very nice and very well made watches so wear with good health, your father has good taste

I assume your next question will be value so you are looking at £3000-£4000

noelekal, Jwit, ahartfie and 4 others like this.
  3. Sanmilc Sep 11, 2016

4. ConElPueblo Sep 11, 2016

What a piece! Solid gold Constellation with full bracelet - your father must have been sporting some style in the 70's :D

Jwit, ahartfie, chronos and 2 others like this.
  5. ATWG Sep 11, 2016

Very nice watch, enjoy it!

6. Clibka Sep 11, 2016

My knee jerk reaction to this thread was annoyance ... Was it really easier to create an account on OF, post a sparsely worded request for more info, and not even say thank you ... or should you have googled "gold omega constellation" and compared pictures yourself? Then I realized that I would have probably never learned about this particular reference in any sort of detail, and for that I was thankful. So I guess you could call me an edit: too sensitive optimist.

Welcome, and from one new guy to the next, research on your own goes a long way here, so does gratitude and politeness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited Sep 11, 2016
  7. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Sep 11, 2016

Wow.... You annoy too easily

Edantony likes this.
  8. ulackfocus Sep 11, 2016

At least the OP included decent photos.

9. Clibka Sep 11, 2016

Wow ... It seems you missed my point entirely, as the initial reaction was annoyance, quickly fading into gratitude for getting to learn about a new watch.

Please don't act like the general consensus isn't negative towards "tell me about this" and "inherited this, what's it worth?" Posts that lack any research/effort from the op.

But your comment was noted, I'll update my initial post to "too sensitive optimist"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mozartman likes this.
  10. Tom Dick and Harry Sep 11, 2016

So getting back to this model

3-4K is a sensible price range as although not the most popular Connie they are know for being extremely well made and the gold content is tremendous in these watches.

I've brought a few of these watches over the years, not for myself but for others, one of which is now on display at STS

The only down side to this model is the bracelets can sag and get worn quite badly, this example looks very clean. The dial on this (for OPs note) is also 18K

I hear what people are saying re lots of people posting 'tell me about my watch' but let's not forget that the whole world is not as 'enthusiastic' as us and therefore doesn't necessarily possess our researcher gene. I for one don't mind helping people find out more about their watches and you can usual get a sense of the clearly unscrupulous dealers trying to move their tat on and those who agree genuinely lucky enough to have inherited or otherwise a special piece.

My 18K stardust came from such a post right here on OF. After 10 years of waiting for the right one a random post here on OF resulted in me getting the watch of my dreams and the OP knowing his dad's watch would be coming to a good an loving home! What's better I managed to save one of the rarest 18K omegas from the smelting pot

Win win

OP although maybe not your thing I would give you the same advice I give lots of people in your position, might not be for you but as a family legacy item it's priceless!

micampe, mondodec, Jwit and 4 others like this.
  11. mozartman ♫♭♬ ♪ Sep 11, 2016

I hear ya, but the OP posted some fine photos of a pretty impressive watch (not my style, looks a bit heavy for frequent wear, but still). Really, anything he said or asked about it was secondary. He'll figure out that he'll get more enthusiastic responses if he does the initial research. In the meantime, I'll enjoy his photos, I hope he gives us one of the movement.

Clibka likes this.
  12. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Sep 11, 2016

It's a beautiful watch. Get it serviced, don't have it polished, and wear it in good health.

My fair-to-middling stainless steel example (with the chapter ring) says hello to its big brother.

IMG_0611.JPG

Jwit and mozartman like this.
  13. pakal Sep 12, 2016

Thank you ALL for your replies. With absolutely no hard feeling I'd like to reply to Clibka and say that I surely did some research on the watch before posting. I was not really interested in knowing about the monetary value of the watch. Instead I wanted to know what was the perception of the forum and the Omega experts toward this particular model. I am not a vintage watch guy , my passion is for an Italian brand P...i ( now owned by a Swiss group ) .
    The watch is perfectly working but I believe it would be wise to service it. Should I just trust a good watch shop or should I send it to an authorized Omega center ?
    Also , I have another question : I see on the dial a the 6 mark the writing OM T Swiss made T OM. Does it stand for Tritium ? If so it is more valuable of the non Tritium dial ?

14. Jonatan Sep 12, 2016

15. pakal Sep 12, 2016

Lol, it's Panerai. I don't think Parmigiani was ever italian.

16. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 12, 2016

A good watchmaker. Best to not have it go to Omega, as they typically replace lots of the vintage parts with new, ruining the watch in the eyes of collectors. (which also reduces the value - sometimes by a lot)
    [/QUOTE]Also , I have another question : I see on the dial a the 6 mark the writing OM T Swiss made T OM. Does it stand for Tritium ? If so it is more valuable of the non Tritium dial ?[/QUOTE]T is for tritium. OM means the dial is gold. That typically makes it at the top of the dial food chain value-wise, except maybe versus one that preceded tritium (i.e., radium).

17. Clibka Sep 12, 2016

Cheers, and welcome to the forum!

18. pakal Sep 13, 2016

I don't live in the USA but I will be for a few days in Las Vegas next week. Any recommendation of a trusted watchmaker in the area that could service my watch ?
    P_