Vintage Omega with Diamonds?

Posts
22
Likes
49
Hey guys,
My buddy bought this watch a couple years ago
And he has no idea if this is real / all factory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There’s no markings on it other than 18kt on the back of the case.

please let us know your thoughts! Is this a secret rare gem?
 
Posts
113
Likes
355
Sorry to give bad news but I would tend to say that the watch is fake. I really don’t like the execution of the dial and the case. Also omega never marked the exterior of the caseback with the inscription “18k”, normally it’s always inside of the caseback. Only way to be absolutely sure would be to open the watch. But I’m 99 % sure it’s fake.
 
Posts
3,578
Likes
13,520
Uh-oh. It’s a redial (see the wonky omega font, thick cross hair of the small-second, no Swiss Made despite this being a 60s case, I think). The “18K Gold” is also completely wonky and was likely scratched in an stainless steel case by hand. I don’t see any hallmarks - open the case back to find out for sure but I’m afraid this is a dog. Hope it wasn’t too costly.

/edit: I was about a second too slow there.
 
Posts
18,307
Likes
27,671
Need to see the inside before I make any call on these ladies watches.
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,802
It's an American market watch, quite genuine.

Information will be on the inside.
 
Posts
9,588
Likes
27,705
Sorry to give bad news but I would tend to say that the watch is fake. I really don’t like the execution of the dial and the case. Also omega never marked the exterior of the caseback with the inscription “18k”, normally it’s always inside of the caseback. Only way to be absolutely sure would be to open the watch. But I’m 99 % sure it’s fake.

Uh-oh. It’s a redial (see the wonky omega font, thick cross hair of the small-second, no Swiss Made despite this being a 60s case, I think). The “18K Gold” is also completely wonky and was likely scratched in an stainless steel case by hand. I don’t see any hallmarks - open the case back to find out for sure but I’m afraid this is a dog. Hope it wasn’t too costly.

/edit: I was about a second too slow there.

The "18K" marking is typical of US production cases. Had it been a fake one, it would typically have fake swiss hallmarks like this:

21204-93b6c57a8687146c134e51e4d073ee1e.jpg.pagespeed.ce.k7bFeoaHFG.jpg


No doubt it is a redial though.

While the watch in the OP isn't exactly my style, I think it is very cool. White gold and diamonds... Had it been a Swiss model, it would have been very special!
 
Posts
3,578
Likes
13,520
The "18K" marking is typical of US production cases. Had it been a fake one, it would typically have fake swiss hallmarks like this:

21204-93b6c57a8687146c134e51e4d073ee1e.jpg.pagespeed.ce.k7bFeoaHFG.jpg


No doubt it is a redial though.

While the watch in the OP isn't exactly my style, I think it is very cool. White gold and diamonds... Had it been a Swiss model, it would have been very special!

Woah - an honest mea culpa then, I stand corrected and completely puzzled. The inscription is wonky as hell - I’d never have believed this. Fascinating stuff!
 
Posts
10,755
Likes
16,744
Didn’t Elvis have a diamond encrusted Omega. If it is good enough for the King...
 
Posts
113
Likes
355
It's an American market watch, quite genuine.

Information will be on the inside.
The "18K" marking is typical of US production cases. Had it been a fake one, it would typically have fake swiss hallmarks like this:

21204-93b6c57a8687146c134e51e4d073ee1e.jpg.pagespeed.ce.k7bFeoaHFG.jpg


No doubt it is a redial though.

While the watch in the OP isn't exactly my style, I think it is very cool. White gold and diamonds... Had it been a Swiss model, it would have been very special!

I stand corrected. I talked too fast.. :whipped:
 
Posts
3,620
Likes
7,856
Elvis watch was Tiffany signed it’s in Omega Museum in Bienne