Forums Latest Members

Vintage Omega Watch Parts - Expert Advice Needed (Cal. 751)

1. WatchWarlock Oct 4, 2016

Hi Ya'll,

Trying to source a clutch wheel part #1107 and winding pinion (#1108) for my Connie caliber 751. To my understanding the part numbers are preceded by a corresponding caliber/family. From my research, I think the 550-1107 clutch wheel should be compatible with my 751. However, can't seem to figure out which XXX-1108 to buy as the winding pinion. I checked Ofrei, nothing matched. I called and was rudely dismissed with "if its not the website, we don't have it. *click." Trying to keep the overhaul/restoration costs down, but it looks like I have to bite the bullet and pay full cost. Advice or anyone with spare parts laying around? :)

2. ChrisN Oct 4, 2016

The bill of materials is available on Cousins website amongst other places such as julesborel. You can download a PDF from Cousins once you register and also see their parts availability.

These use a 5631108 and 5501107.

550 is the base calibre for 561, 562 etc and the 751 is a derivative so it shares a lot of parts. So, a 565, for example also uses these two parts but not a 561 which uses a 4701108 as the 550 series also took parts from the 470. This makes sense to me as you wouldn't want to tool up for every new calibre so will try to use parts from previous calibre.

If you're buying these parts for your Watchmaker, it might be better to let him order them as they should be readily available and it would be odd if he couldn't get them. If he's servicing the watch, he will then be able to stand behind every part and his service.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Chris

WatchWarlock and TNTwatch like this.
  3. WatchWarlock Oct 4, 2016

Thank you so much! I've bookmarked julesborel to tabs! I have an active relationship with my watchmaker (I literally visit him weekly with my watches) and I often have better luck sourcing the parts myself. He no longer has an Omega parts account and relies on someone who does. I've realized finding NOS parts on eBay is usually cheaper. With your help, I was able to get the parts for roughly half of what it would have cost him to source!

This forum is truly a great resource and next time this happens I'll know where to look!