Forums Latest Members

Vintage Omega Warranty paperwork, genuine or faked.

1. plongeur78 Jan 16, 2019

Hi,
    I was recently offered a 1984 Omega constellation with original warranty paper, the papers have the handwritten 06/1984 date and correct reference and movement number but the papers aren't punched and the warranty papers are dated as printed in switzerland 06/80. im thinking maybe the dealers used blank warranties printed on the date mentioned but would like to hear any views on it being a potential blank paper filled in by the owner to create a full set as these seem to be for sale all too often? It doesn't have an extract from the archives so can't check its origin but even then the warranty could still be a later addition.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 16, 2019

Do you have a photo of the paperwork?

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. plongeur78 Jan 16, 2019

Hi,
    Sorry no, i didn't photograph the warranty paper, i ask as there seems to be a growing number of blank papers for sale and any full set vintage omega I've owned previously had the country code punched in the warranty paper, it's not a deal breaker but would certainly change my offer.

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 16, 2019

I highly doubt anyone would bother faking papers for a 1984 Constellation.

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 16, 2019

Pictures of the watch and papers.
    If the serials match and I assume printed it’s fine. It’s common to have hand written dates. Somewhat common hand written serials.

And why fake for that watch?

6. plongeur78 Jan 17, 2019

I don't have pictures just now as stated, I agree it wouldn't be the most valuable watch to fake a warranty paper for but doesn't rule it out.
    Yes hand written is common but I'm more interested that it's not punched as I would have thought it should have the countries area code?