Vintage Omega thoughts

Hello friends,

A buddy of mine is being offered this on trade and he has asked for me to confer with the OF as to thoughts on this watch and reference.

I myself am not familiar with this reference so I thought making a post would be the best option for good information. Pictures below, please share your (educated) thoughts! Cheer

Can't say much without knowing the proposed trade. The watch is what it is, an entry-level gold-plated Omega Geneve. Late 60s, hand-winding. Legit but not particularly desirable.

More so just wondering if the watch looks correct - I.e correct crown, original dial, correct hands ect! Your answer was great @Dan S

I'm not 100% on the crown. I'd have to look at some other examples.

I own an example of this reference but in SS. The crown appears correct, though worn a bit from years of winding. Case looks unpolished, with the original radial brushing extant on the front and sharp lines underneath. Looks like the gold plating has seen a few bruises here and there. Dial and hands look good. The bracelet is a mystery to me. Perhaps others can chime in there. As to the watch head itself, I concur with @Dan S: Legit but not necessarily desirable.

I own an example of this reference but in SS. The crown appears correct, though worn a bit from years of winding. Case looks unpolished, with the original radial brushing extant on the front and sharp lines underneath. Looks like the gold plating has seen a few bruises here and there. Dial and hands look good. The bracelet is a mystery to me. Perhaps others can chime in there. As to the watch head itself, I concur with @Dan S: Legit but not necessarily desirable.
Thank you for the confirmation.

It's the bracelet legit? I never seen that model of bracelet at Omega.. I seen that the clasp has the logo but i do no think the bracelet it's legit..Regards

Trade trade-in? Watch head only. Maybe $ 200 max. Band strange. Nobody wants that watch urgently ... Good for the Seller.

I don’t know if these photos help.

The first is a 552 automatic I bought from the son of the original owner. I paid £325 in 2019.

The second is similar to yours, a 601 that I bought in about 2018 for £200.

I think the crown is original and correct, but has lost its gold plating. I have a couple like that.
gatorcpa

I think the bracelet has been added (non-Omega) and is only good for the bin. The watch will be near impossible to sell , may be 200-250 max

Am I the only one that likes that bracelet? 😁 Very period if you ask me. And I don't believe the watch will be that hard to sell. Just put it at auction and it will most likely reach about €200.

Am I the only one that likes that bracelet? 😁
I’m with you. I have no idea if it’s legit or not, but I think it’s cool, similar to a ladder bracelet.

Am I the only one that likes that bracelet? 😁 Very period if you ask me. And I don't believe the watch will be that hard to sell. Just put it at auction and it will most likely reach about €200.

Nope, me too. Omega = gentleman, Fat gold bracelet = pimp. So perfect if you want to portray yourself as a gentleman pimp!

I sorta like the gold rally bracelet too... Reminds me of a 70's Seiko rally.