Forums Latest Members
  1. chipsotoole Oct 19, 2018

Hi Omegoids,

A while back I posted about my latest acquisition and wanted to see if others were interested in this quirky design.
    It came to me from South Africa thus:
    s-l1600-6.jpg
    I took it to my watch guy who after a while came back to me and said that unfortunately the 1481 movement was in it's present state , non-revisable.
    I hunted around and found a working Tissot 2481 movement he could use for parts, but gave him explicit instructions to keep as much of the Omega movement in it as possible, certainly all the brass plates etc.
    At the time we discussed the case and lapping. As I recall, I think he was supposed to get back to me with an overall price for internal and external work , but he just went ahead and did it.
    This is the first time I've had any kind of case work done on a watch and I'm really mightily impressed by his efforts and his repair price. I think I just might entrust him to relap my speedy Mark 2 to him once he's lapped the '71 BWC Chrono (1340 Lemania) I left there today. I know that polishing casework is quite a big no no here, but I think perhaps different rules apply if the case in question originally came with a brushed/lapped finish . I don't think he's destroyed any lines and the whole watch really pops in the sunshine now. This is a watch that seems to be a bit out in the cold with collectors.You either love them or hate them....I'm into early 70's watches and I must say I'm really chuffed to bits with it. Your thoughts?
    IMG_3436.jpg IMG_3439.jpg IMG_3438.jpg IMG_3437.jpg

mondodec, michael e, Molko and 13 others like this.
  2. AveConscientia Oct 19, 2018

Quite a beautiful watch!

3. Rochete Oct 19, 2018

Love it.

4. TexOmega Oct 19, 2018

That's one big ol' piece of SS! Love it

Nice job, and cool watch.