Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Omega SS Constellation C-Case - 168.027 - Knurled 14kt Bezel w/ 1095 Bracelet - $725

1. BenBagbag Feb 13, 2019

Hi OF,

I have to consolidate after a few rash incoming purchases. I am selling a 168.027. 26.4mil serial number dates the watch to 1968. It is a coin edge/knurled bezel in unpolished condition. Please let the pictures do the talking, but I will also point out as much as I can to make it easy. The watch is all original except for the second hand, which has been replaced (though to me it looked acceptable as a replacement). It comes with a very uncommon 1095/515 bracelet - I have only seen a few surface online.

Case:
    The case measures 34.5mm and is in good condition but certainly has seen some wrist time in its life. It has a few scratches, most notable on the 3 o'clock lug. But, importantly on these models, it appears to be unpolished and retains its brushed edges and mirror finish facet which I tried to show in pictures. Medallion is nice and clear. Crown is original to the watch. Crystal has been replaced and seems to have been polished unevenly in the past which doesn't affect how it looks but can be seen when viewing the watch profile. The white gold bezel is stunning and clearly has a different hue and shine than the rest of the stainless steel case.

Dial and hands:
    The sunburst dial is in great condition with no apparent damage with perhaps a bit of lacquer bubbling around 11 o'clock marker. The hour and minute hand are original but the second hand has been replaced at some point.

Movement:
    I bought the watch from the estate of the previous owner who I'm under the impression hasn't worn it in decades. Crown winds smoothly, the quick-set function works flawlessly, and changing time is easy. However it runs slow and will need to be serviced.

Bracelet: Bracelet is a very uncommon 1095 with 515 end links. See pictures to get a sense of how it stretches. It is 6.25" at full length. the clasp has a slight indentation on it and it has one link that doesn't spring and stays slightly open, which can also be seen in pictures. The end links are 19mm and fit the watch tight. The clasp opens and closes snugly.

I try to price my watches fair and reasonably. I am asking USD $725 shipped CONUS for this Constellation and original bracelet. Int'l at cost. Paypal/Zelle/Venmo or transferwise for int'l buyer. Happy to answer any questions by PM. No returns unless grossly misrepresented. I have a bunch of feedback here:

Thank you!
    Ben

Pictures:
    Dial good 3.jpg dial good2.jpg side crown.jpg side other.jpg macro.jpg scratches 3 clock lug.jpg wobbly crystal.jpg caseback out.jpg caseback.jpg movement 1.jpg movement 2.jpg bracelet.jpg clasp.jpg stretched.jpg stretched2.jpg
    wristshot great.jpg

2. BenBagbag Feb 14, 2019

Sold in a flash! Thanks OF for the space!

ConElPueblo likes this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 14, 2019

Man, that's a nice looking watch! Love that bezel.

Congrats to buyer, condolences to Seller!

mydeafcat, Nathan1967 and BenBagbag like this.
  4. mayankyadav Feb 14, 2019

I have been looking for a C case connie for so many months now. Should have seen this :(

Paulomega and BenBagbag like this.
  5. rkman11 Feb 14, 2019

Great buy! Congrats to the new owner!

BenBagbag likes this.